HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   What's the one thing??? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/120143-whats-one-thing.html)

mobow 11-07-2005 06:55 PM

What's the one thing???

Well, my 7th wedding anniversary is this weekend, and the wife wants to take me to BassPro so that I may pick something out. I have absolutely NO IDEA of what to get. I rack my brain, and just can't think of anything I really need.

So, the question is this: What is the 1 or 2 things every bow hunter needs that is sometimes overlooked? What would you want? Keeping price in mind, of course. Now....a new bow would be great, but I'm not looking at spending that much grip. Any ideas?

Virginiashadowhunter 11-07-2005 07:15 PM

RE: What's the one thing???

I have always been very interested in getting one of those backpacks where you can put your bow in them to carry them in, along with all of your other stuff. Seems like a great thing if you are walking long distances.

vashadowhunter

txjourneyman 11-07-2005 07:17 PM

After my day in the woods today a Thermacell is at the top of my want list!

OhiobowHunter56 11-07-2005 07:32 PM

one of them new bow sites that eliminates the peep site and uses a rear rifle sight with a light would be nice!![8D]... rangefinder or a neat thing would be the video camera hookups that go on your stableizer so you can tape your hunts!;)

Xtec Shooter 11-07-2005 07:34 PM

A new rangefinder or a new pair of optics would be #1 on my list!!

MO_Bowhnter 11-07-2005 07:49 PM

A new rangefinder or a new pair of optics would be #1 on my list!!
Ditto!

Finch 11-07-2005 07:53 PM

I hear good things about those deer view mirrors.:D

rybohunter 11-07-2005 08:13 PM

I too would go with the optics or rangefinder, if that fits in your type of hunting style. My shots are all fairly close so aramgefinder hasn't been too high on my list, but quality, light, durable optics are NICE to have.

bigbulls 11-07-2005 08:40 PM

The two big things I wish I had at my house is a bow press and a string making jig.

fl.huntress 11-07-2005 08:46 PM

ORIGINAL: Virginiashadowhunter

I have always been very interested in getting one of those backpacks where you can put your bow in them to carry them in, along with all of your other stuff. Seems like a great thing if you are walking long distances.

vashadowhunter
I just got mine last week and I'm in love....that thing is the best backpack you can ever have...there's soooooooo much room in it...it's unreal.....i usually take everything and anything and then some and with this new one i still have tons of room...it makes things so much easier...a definite must have.:D

you can also consider getting supplies to keep in your truck like i did...i bought an extra orange vest, an extra release, some compasses,batteries,allen wrench,face mask,bandana,thermocell extras,etc....just the lil things that we sometimes forget at home...it saved the day for me this year. :D

rangefinder is also a great idea.:D