Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 bucks taken this year in county i hunt in >

bucks taken this year in county i hunt in

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

bucks taken this year in county i hunt in

Old 11-08-2005, 05:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: bucks taken this year in county i hunt in

So go get you one of them great looking animals. We will wait for your pic.
Old 11-08-2005, 06:11 AM

GREAT BUCKS, GOOOD LUCK ON BAGGING ONE YOUR SELF . STAY SAFE, SHOOT STRAIGHT.
Old 11-08-2005, 06:26 PM

ive seen some beauties in my area in saxeveille. about 10 miles from wild rose where lauritzens sport shop is. a lot of these bucks were taken within 30 miles of where i am. there are definately trophies in wisconsin

Old 11-08-2005, 06:44 PM

Awsome! Those are some brutes. What part of Wi is that, next to Buffalo County? Good luck getting one of those bad boys!
Old 11-08-2005, 08:03 PM

wheres that in the state, south-central or central? Wild Rose rings a bell, waushara county doesn't. never get over there on business. most every county in Wisconsin gives up big bucks. I think we're #1 in P&Y or B&C as far as entries. Sure, iowa's great. but wisconsin puts out more large ones every year im afraid to say. I honestly don't know how Wisconsin gets overlooked as a trophy state. Kansas? Iowa? Pike County Illinois? overrated..i think im just gonna stay here and hunt
Old 11-08-2005, 08:11 PM

ok, i busted out the map. i was right in my assumption; its pretty much right dead center in state. buffalo county..honestly, when i say i hunt wisconsin, the first they say is, "do you hunt in buffalo county?" it's got such a reputation for a trophy area. it's extremely well managed. they always say in the magazines that its because the glaciers didn't roll over that area or something so theres a lot of nutrients. it's a load of crap. if that was the case, Trempeleau, LaCrosse, Vernon Crawford and Grant would produce as many trophies. I think the real reason lies in the fact it used to be shotgun only, much like iowa is now, so bucks live to be longer as people can't shoot as far. now that its rifle, people are so used to shooting big bucks they manage their deer herd better.if people in every wisconsin county with the exception of like milwaukee county would just let young deer walk, wisconsin as a whole would rock every other state. however, i do think buffalo county does have it's cocky swagger, which it has rightly earned by all means, but the landowners there have been at odds with the DNR before as they dont want to shoot as many does as the DNR would like to see shot. they like seeing deer and the outfitters like their clients seeing deer i guess.just because they have the name and mystique doesnt mean they can set their own rules.