Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 idiots 4 wheeling in my honey hole posted at night! >

idiots 4 wheeling in my honey hole posted at night!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

idiots 4 wheeling in my honey hole posted at night!

Old 11-05-2005, 04:38 PM
Fork Horn

Default idiots 4 wheeling in my honey hole posted at night!

i cant stand it anymore! i spend all late summer keeping them out and peak rut is here almost and now there is some moron 4 wheelin in a truck probably @ night i cant be there all the time! im flamed!!!!!! bucks are bedding on my land and now there getting chased away at night! hopefully i never catch em because ill snap!
Old 11-05-2005, 04:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: idiots 4 wheeling in my honey hole posted at night!

If they are travelling the same route repeatedly put some boards with nails in their tire tracks. I bet they will get the message.
Old 11-05-2005, 06:02 PM
Dominant Buck

Is this private land or public ? Either way calling the local sheriff isn't a bad idea . Failing that I'd say go with the nailed board idea .
Old 11-05-2005, 06:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

If it's your land and they are trespassing pop them damn tires. Did a monster hole and cover it with a tarp lol.
Old 11-05-2005, 06:52 PM

i'm having the same problem I have some losers on dirtbikes and atvs coming through our property.and actually they are hunters to.we bumped into each other when he was leasurly trespassing on my hunting grounds.I was nice but failed to give him the permission he was seeking to hunt the property as well.probably shot his buck so now figures he'll ruin mine.Since then I have chosen to hunt the mornings and have been successful in sighting good deer.I tried to hunt tonight but they screwed it again for me.
Old 11-05-2005, 07:47 PM

Just be careful with the nail in the board trick. A buddy of mine had it backfire on him with the tresspassers doing it to his trails costing him a couple seasons worth of flats. I was always under the impression that astrategically placed camo cableabout 2 to 3 foot high would do the trick.
Old 11-05-2005, 07:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

That would do it for sure. Then they would have some skidmarks.
Old 11-05-2005, 08:31 PM

It would also let you find out who these guys are. They'll be the ones with the impression of the handle bars on their forehead.
Old 11-05-2005, 09:43 PM

This has also happened to me. We own property that bourders public property. We dont get much if any foot traffic, as our property is a long haul on foot. However 4 wheelers and horse riders pass right trough a small trail that enters an awesome bedding area. It makes me crazy. The horse riders are permitted but the 4 wheelers are not.

After multiple calls to the local CO the 4 wheeling idiots were cited. As for the horses,well you dont want me to go there.
Old 11-06-2005, 01:42 AM
Boone & Crockett

Land mines

Quick Reply: idiots 4 wheeling in my honey hole posted at night!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.