Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Commplaints about THE BLOCK >

Commplaints about THE BLOCK

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Commplaints about THE BLOCK

Old 11-05-2005, 10:53 AM

Default Commplaints about THE BLOCK

so i've got the block this fall, prolly have shot it maybe 100 times and am already experiencing pass thru shoots, and i'm not even shooting at the same spot. it says that it also takes broadheads, but mines not even holding up to feild tips, what are your guys veiws on this target.
Old 11-05-2005, 10:58 AM

Default RE: Commplaints about THE BLOCK

my block has taken at least 300-400 field points and probably 75-100 broadhead shots. It is holding up fine as of now, but the broadheads do pull chunks out of it. All in all I have been happy with mine, but it is the first archery target I have ever used so I have nothing to compare it to. Also, if your shooting elevated, turn it on its side so the layers are gong side to side. Maybe thats your problem.
Old 11-05-2005, 12:59 PM
Fork Horn

I too was very disappointed with "The Block". I shot the hell out of it in no time! Do yorself a favor and get The YellowJacket by Morrell (FOR BROADHEADS ONLY). This target is half the price of the Block and holds up twice as good! Also, half the weight!
Old 11-05-2005, 01:59 PM

I was disappointed in my "block" as well...I shot the heck out of it in 2-3 months and it is worthless for anything other than field points now, and sometimes the field points pass through.

vashadowhunter
Old 11-05-2005, 03:04 PM

ORIGINAL: Doefever

I too was very disappointed with "The Block". I shot the hell out of it in no time! Do yorself a favor and get The YellowJacket by Morrell (FOR BROADHEADS ONLY). This target is half the price of the Block and holds up twice as good! Also, half the weight!
Ditto. My brother got the yellow jacket and it is way better than the block. I put an old house floor mat behing my block so my arrows wont pass thru as much. Definetly a rip off.
Old 11-05-2005, 03:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've had my Block for 3 or 4 yrs and havent had a problem with it other than just trying to hit the dang thing.

Bobby
Old 11-05-2005, 03:27 PM

Only thing I can say about the block is they won't be getting any more of my money!!! It only had about 100-150 shots and I was getting pass throughs... I think I'm going to buy the yellow jacket by morrells. However, I won't be wearing the clown outfit .
Old 11-05-2005, 04:29 PM

Me and a buddy have been shooting mine everyday for 2 weeks strait-broadheads and field points- and the only thing i've been upset with is the broadhead cutting the layers up and pulling chunks out. Not close to a pass through, but we are only shooting 65lbs and they arent the fastest bows on the planet.

Jake
Old 11-06-2005, 06:45 AM

ORIGINAL: 121553

I've had my Block for 3 or 4 yrs and havent had a problem with it other than just trying to hit the dang thing.

Bobby
Well if you hit it you would know it's junk, i shot mine with fieldpoints about 200 times before they started burying to the fletchings so i started shooting it with broadheads and it looks like a pile of snow around it from all the crap that pulls out from broadheads, I e mailed the company and told them about it, because they claim u can shoot it 12000 times with field tips, they said that it was probably time for a new one!! so i emailed them back and said it was time, but it wasnt going to be any of their products ever again!!
Old 11-06-2005, 07:48 AM
Spike

Personally, I wouldn't even bother with the yellow jacket. I've shot mine about 150 times using broadheads only and it's already torn to shreds. I would use abag target with field points for practice and only usea block target whenit gets close to the seasonjust to sight in the broadheads.

Quick Reply: Commplaints about THE BLOCK

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.