Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 hunting along streams? >

hunting along streams?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

hunting along streams?

Old 11-04-2005, 02:01 PM
Site Bouncer

Default RE: hunting along streams?

I have a stand that is along a small creek about the same size as yours. My stand is set up in the middle of a peninusla where the creek has a 3/4 circle bend to it. Not only do I see deer crusing along the edges but I have seen them walkingin the water at the edges as well. The creek is very lownow (some spots areless than 6in) and there is alot of exposed bedrock now.

I moved my stand to that location because I have patterned a big buck that crosses at this particular spot. I thought beingI was on this peninsula it would hurtmy chances of seeing deer. Boy was I wrong! I never would havethought I would see as much activity as I havebeen seeing. I have even had deer walk into this area just to mill around and then walk back out, unbelieveable!

LastWednesday alone I saw 8 deer,two of them spent more than 40min combined under my stand (button buck and doe) First the button bucked walked in and stayed for about 10 min.Then he walked out and then a doe spent the next 30min with me, just milling around. Everytime she would circle down wind from me she would sniff the air butshe neverwas spooked.

I think you will like hunting by the water, and if it's anything like my spot you will love it!

Old 11-07-2005, 06:45 AM

thanks i am hung my stand friday and will hunt it tonight.........i will let you know
Old 11-07-2005, 06:52 AM

I set up a stand along a stream yesterday afternoon.

About 5pm 3 doe came walking down the trail on the other side.

27 yard shot,double lung hit. The deer went about 10 feet one way,stood there for acouple minutes,came back almost to spot she was in when I shot and fell over.
Then, slid down the bank into the creek(rats)
So I got to go hunting and wading
Old 11-09-2005, 09:07 AM

guess it works!!!!

Old 11-09-2005, 08:40 PM
Typical Buck

sometimes i put on hip waders and walk in the stream to see if i can catch any deer bedding next to it in the thicket. some deer just don't associate man with water, especially when its cold.