Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Has it begun in your area? >

Has it begun in your area?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Has it begun in your area?

Old 11-03-2005, 12:37 PM

Default Has it begun in your area?

What are you seeing? Last Saturday I saw 4 does walking behind me about 75 yards out only to be followed by a buck a few minutes later. The other day I had an 8 pointer within my area. I heard him grunt before I even saw him visually. He came with his nose to the ground the whole way before I shot him 10 yards out He ran, stopped about 30 yards away, ran again like a rocket only to crash into some fallen branches and cave to the ground.

It was awesome and I have relived those 90 seconds in my mind since the other day. I would have to say the way he was acting and the way he kept his nose to the ground and coming in fast...the rut is on. Pre-rut probably, but it's on!

Going back out this Saturday. Filled by buck tag, but going out anyways to enjoy the rut, the weather and to take a nice doe if luck is in my favor.
Old 11-03-2005, 12:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Has it begun in your area?

10-4 it's happening here. I watched a buck trailing does yesteday evening. The whitetails are heating up all over the country with an exception of a few areas were the rut has played out or normally doesn't take place until later.. In my area the big boys will start moving more and more during daylight hours..It's going to get fun.
Old 11-03-2005, 12:58 PM

Nope. Needs a couple more weeks yet around here. In fact, today feels like August. Hot and 30+ mph winds. What we need is a hard blue norther.
Old 11-03-2005, 01:52 PM

have been seeing some does and bucks, the bucks are still running together,the big R isn't til the middle of jan. here in alabama. good luck
Old 11-03-2005, 03:13 PM
Spike

It's getting close but we really need the weather to cooperate, its been in the 70's and windy. Bucks are looking but in the late evenings not much daytime activity yet. First scrapes found this last weekend
Old 11-03-2005, 05:17 PM

I'm planning to find out on Saturday. I'll give you the Maryland report after I've been in the stand for about 5 hours!
Old 11-03-2005, 05:27 PM
Dominant Buck

It shows signs of heating up here , but the real stuff is still about 10 days away .
Old 11-03-2005, 05:30 PM
Typical Buck

Jimbo - do not wait any longer. Had a nice 9-ptr pass by 15 yds at 1600 tonight in an open clover field - a buck that will be very next year if he can survive the season.One hour later,I had a 6-ptr grunting as he followed the path a doe took just 5 min earlier. The doe was holding her tail angled to the side. At dusk, I heard the sounds of a deer chase in the woods, time is now...

- fsh
Old 11-03-2005, 05:32 PM

Northern Wis. I've seen a pick up in scrapes and rubs throughout my family's woods. I'm definately gonna try to get my first bow kill this weekend! (hopefully one of the big boys I've caught on the game camera lately!)
Old 11-03-2005, 05:39 PM

fshafly2- I'd be out there tomorrow if there wasn't such a thing as WORK! [:@]

Can't wait until sun-up on Saturday!!!

Quick Reply: Has it begun in your area?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.