Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Has it begun in your area? >

Has it begun in your area?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Has it begun in your area?

Old 11-06-2005, 08:08 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Has it begun in your area?

up here in vermont i havent seen any scapes or rubs but it must be happening just havent seen it
Old 11-06-2005, 08:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Seeing scapes and some big bodied deer as the snow is set in now. We got 6 inches here the past couple days and the signs are good. The rut here usually peaks out the last week in nov. for the past 4 yrs, but anyhow I''ll be hunting almost every day, just in case it comes in early. This is what I've been waiting for.

Bobby
Old 11-06-2005, 09:23 PM

Our woods here in MN is getting pretty torn up. Seen a couple of small bucks this weekend going to the scrapes during the daytime. Didn't see anything chasing does yet though, but I'm sure it will happen real soon.
Old 11-06-2005, 09:28 PM

down here in south east mn its started to heat up, my dad and i were out checkin this land we were thinkin bout purchasin and a nice 10 pter was on a mission after this doe no more than 40yrds away from us...stopped to look at us for a moment and was on his way to fullfillin his purpose
Old 11-07-2005, 06:33 AM

Its crazy here.. Last week you would have thought it was about full blown....

This weekend, exact oppisite. Does seperate from Bucks , and no activity... I got two does this weekend and they were all alone on both occasions.
Old 11-07-2005, 06:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Temps in the 70's here in VA so if it is going on it's at night. Sat in my stand all day Saturday and saw one doe in the morning and a spike in the evening. Nothing else but two coons. Of course the woods were full of hunters now with ML season opening.
Old 11-07-2005, 07:07 AM
Typical Buck

Lots of activity here in So MD. 11/4 at 0500 I saw a shooterbuckwalk 20 yds in front of my truck while I was in my drivewayas I was driving out to hunt another area I had already committed to - he was tending a doe. I've seen lots of bucks trolling for action the past two days. Sunday was one of our two MD Sunday hunting days in thispart of the state- we need more! This am, 11/7, I watched a forkie hassle two doesbefore sunrise underneath the tree stand; then after sunrise, a spikeengaged a doe in a 60 mph chase back and forth thru my alfalfa field, eventually running her out of the county. Headed back out shortly...
-fsh
Old 11-07-2005, 08:54 AM

Im from central Ma and i have been seeing alot of fresh rubs, not 1 scrape yet though.
Old 11-07-2005, 08:59 AM

IT'S HOT AND HEAVY HERE IN MICHIGAN, I JUST SHOT A GOOD 8PT ON THE 2ND OF NOV, RIGHT ON A FRESH SCRAPE, HEWAS RESPONDING TO MY GRUNT......IT WAS GREAT IT WORKED WELL.
Old 11-07-2005, 11:46 AM

Went out this past Saturday from 5:30AM until 9AM. At first light a bit after 6AM I saw a large doe come in from behind me. She was feeding by herself and then took off running. No idea. The about 5 minutes later I see a bunch of does come running from another direction. All of this taking place up a hill to my rear about 80 yards or so. No idea what was going on in the field atop the area I hunt. Then at about 7AM a tiny 6 pointer comes my way. He came right to the base of my tree and fed on acorns and then went on his way.

On my way home I was driving down a road and saw a doe in someone's front yard only to see a HUGE 8-10 pointer standing in the yard next door. I could not tell how many points as I was driving, but its spread was awesome. I'd say the rut is in gear or just about getting close to full this week.

Quick Reply: Has it begun in your area?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.