Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Whacked one....Blue Undies strike again. >

Whacked one....Blue Undies strike again.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Whacked one....Blue Undies strike again.

Old 11-02-2005, 03:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Whacked one....Blue Undies strike again.

Good job David. The deer on this place just don't seem to bleed outwardly. Mine went about 100 yards with very little blood. Now let's get that double friday.
Old 11-02-2005, 05:19 PM
Dominant Buck

My wife has me taking her to Gettysburg and on up in to PA a little for an overnight. Won't be back until late Friday or possibably Sat. More than likely Friday afternoon too late to hunt. A man's got to do what... well you know.... WHAT HE's told.[&:][&:]
Old 11-02-2005, 05:39 PM
Fork Horn

whats the song? too much time on my hands! pitty the fool!
Old 11-02-2005, 09:30 PM

ORIGINAL: davidmil

Another strange one, this deer only left about 2 drops of blood on the ground. His chest had a blood clot the size of a couple football in it. I guess the junk from the liver plugged it. Even where he stood there was no blood. If he had run it would have been a hard trail.
Ahh, sounds like a classic case of cardiac tamponade:
Definition

Cardiac tamponade is the compression of the heart caused by blood or fluid accumulation in the space between the myocardium (the muscle of the heart) and the pericardium (the outer covering sac of the heart).

Causes, incidence, and risk factors

In this condition, blood or fluid collects within the pericardium. This prevents the ventricles from expanding fully, so they cannot adequately fill or pump blood.
Cardiac tamponade is often associated with pericarditis caused by bacterial or viral infections. Heart surgery, dissecting aortic aneurysm (thoracic), wounds to the heart, end-stage lung cancer, and acute MI can all lead to cardiac tamponade.
Other potential causes include heart tumors, kidney failure, recent heart attack, recent open heart surgery, recent invasive heart procedures, radiation therapy to the chest, hypothyroidism and systemic lupus erythematosus
Old 11-03-2005, 06:53 AM
Dominant Buck

SHadowace.... you have entirely too much time on your hands. YOu better get out hunting. You're developing that Brainith Amuckish: A condition brought on by spending too much time in front of a monitor using google search entering useless key words to see what popith upith.