Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Armguards or not? >

Armguards or not?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Armguards or not?

Old 11-01-2005, 07:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Armguards or not?

I was wondering how many of you guys or girls hunt without an armguard and why?
Old 11-01-2005, 07:11 PM

Default RE: Armguards or not?

I used to shoot with an arm gaurd, until a friend showed me how to hold the bow properly, and I havent needed one since. I'm glad he showed me, me wrist was getting sore.
Old 11-01-2005, 07:23 PM

The only time I use one is if I am wearing heavy clothing. They do a good job of holding the clothes down so they don't get in the way of the string.

In most cases with a compound that fits you properly and with proper grip you shouldn't need one. Unless you have a very short brace height. I shoot with a slightly bent arm vrs straight as well.

I believe recurve and long bows are bit different though. I don't shoot them so I'm not sure. However a lot of the target archers I see shoot them use arm and in some cases chest protectors.

Paul
Old 11-01-2005, 07:27 PM
Super Moderator

If you need one then use one, especially with heavy clothing on.
Old 11-01-2005, 07:30 PM
Fork Horn

I always wear one, just in case I would slap my arm, seems to keep the arrow on target better than hitting my arm. I also wear it on the outside of my heavy hunting jacket to keep the material compressed and out of the way. Better safe than sorry.
Old 11-01-2005, 07:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

IMO must people who use arm guards have to long of draw length. I am Left handed and my right arm has a lot of bend it. This Foces my arm away from the bow sting. If the arm is straight it put is closer to the sting. Works for me, but to each his own.
Old 11-01-2005, 08:16 PM
Typical Buck

I never used to wear one but I've tried using a straighter arm recently and it seems to be helping with accuracy. I never liked the ones with straps and never needed one but I found one that is one piece and is stretchy so it stays in place. I use a 3-D suit and like the way it keep the arm fabric out of the way. I'm kind of liking it.
Old 11-01-2005, 08:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

When I learned to shoot I wore one, dont need one anymore unless I'm wearing loose sleeves or bulky clothing. It really does make a difference. Wore a jacket at the range a couple weeks ago, and the string made a loud slap against the sleeve. Put on the armguard and all is quiet again.
Old 11-01-2005, 08:25 PM
Fork Horn

i dont wear one and have never had a problem
Old 11-01-2005, 08:37 PM
Dominant Buck

I don't wear one while practicing in shirts sleeves or short sleeves. I do wear one in the woods to keep my sleeves from possibably getting whacked.

Quick Reply: Armguards or not?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.