Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Just an observation... wounded threads >

Just an observation... wounded threads

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Just an observation... wounded threads

Old 10-31-2005, 03:04 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Just an observation... wounded threads

So it's that time of year and the wounded threads have started. AM I the only one noticing a trend here. Seems like 90 percent of them are from new people with anywhere from 1 to 30 post. I've been watching it for a few weeks now. Seems like we have a lot of people that come from no where and their first post is, "HELP". The most recent contributions were something like "Shot from above" and "
Shot a big one need advise (150 class) ". Am I imagining things or what???? AND...if I'm not imagining it... what do you suppose this is all about?
Old 10-31-2005, 03:12 PM

Default RE: Just an observation... wounded threads

Maybe because it's harder to kill a deer with an arrow then alot of people think. Not only shot placement but timing, deer-chest position all have to be considered. Not to mention your heart is about to jump out of your chest. If your in a protected area where you can wait for gun season let him walk!

Old 10-31-2005, 03:17 PM

No, you aren't imagining it. I have noticed it too. I don't want to sound harsh, but it really drives me nutty. I mean.....the basic story is the same......shot one...good blood....then no blood....can't find deer.

The answer is ALWAYS the same. Look until you've exhausted every single possiblility, then look some more. When your done, look a little more. The darn thing is there somewhere. Yes, I know, sometimes it happens. They hide good, and you just can't find them. Bummer, but it happens. I would prefer not announcing it though. I think saying "I missed one" sounds sooooo much better than...." I shot one, and I can't find it."

Personally, I think sometimes people say they shot one when they didn't to sound "cool" to their peers, and because they have no picture to verify it, they just say they can't find it. What these people don't realize is that they are doing more harm than good. First of all.....NOBODY likes a lier. Second, it just adds fuel to the fire.

This is my message to anyone in the future who is going to post the perverbial "I shot a good one, but need help finding it."

1. Nobody here can go out in the woods and help you. Find someone near you who can help.
2. Here's the advise you are going to get......KEEP LOOKING!! Come on....how many of these posts do we need to read before you know what the answer is ???

Old 10-31-2005, 03:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr
how many of these posts do we need to read before you know what the answer is ???
Good point.