HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   WOW, Happy ending (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/119065-wow-happy-ending.html)

passthrough24 10-31-2005 10:25 AM

WOW, Happy ending

Last night i shot a pretty nice buck, he is only six points but had good width and weight 172 field dressed(pics later). I hit him in the back legjust between thehoof and the knee, i am not proud of the shot but i just thought itwas really cool that we found him. He had to havegone a mile, blood was actually pretty good for a while but we eventually lost it and had to get the tracking dog (beagle). He has never tracked before, just took him out in desperation and heran down the trail faster than we could keep up. Iam very thankfullto find him, and i will post pics later, i am inclass right now.

Buck Huntin Girl 10-31-2005 10:33 AM

RE: WOW, Happy ending

Did you hit an artery or something? Congrats on it, I shot mine this year in the femoral artery... bad shot turned good, he only went 40 yards. Arteries are a GOOD thing... [&:]

passthrough24 10-31-2005 10:41 AM

I think i had to have hit an artery, also the shot broke his leg so i think that helped to bring him down.

Buck Huntin Girl 10-31-2005 10:46 AM

Yeah, that woulda made a difference I guess... lol!

After my shot and recovery, I kept thinking, what in the HECK did I do wrong to shoot him THERE!? My arrow was sticking right straight up outta his hindquarters, weirdest thing was that his heiny was BEHIND a tree, so I have NO friggin' clue how I managed that shot. The only thing I can figure is that my arrow ricocheted off of a branch and ended up there. There's just no other logical explanation for it IMO. I dunno, but he was recovered, and he's the only one so far this year, so at least we got some freezer food. :D

cardeer 10-31-2005 11:56 AM

Glad you got him

Firehawk7309 10-31-2005 01:04 PM

Good job on the recovery. Keep us posted on your "magic arrows".;)

quiksilver 10-31-2005 02:05 PM

...and I thought this was a thread about a Massage Parlour.. Oh Well...

Congrats man

Greg / MO 10-31-2005 02:15 PM

That's what I like to see... persistence!!!!! Congratulations!

spde911 11-02-2005 01:47 AM

That's great that you were able to find him. I've only shot at three deer with my bow. The first two I hit but never found, the third I was able to watch him drop at only 30 yards. I hate the feeling you have when you can't find you deer. I've read a lot of great tip about waiting long enough to start tracking on this website and I think that will help in the future. I don't think that all the deer I take with a bow are going to go down in 30 yards or less, so I imagine I'll be following the advice from all the guys/gals out there. Can't wait to see your pics.

Diesel77 11-02-2005 05:24 AM

Glad you were able to recover the deer, congrats.

inc post and quotes from "atlasman"

cant wait to see her almighty wisdom and bashing on this one.