Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Does this mean anything? >

Does this mean anything?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Does this mean anything?

Old 10-30-2005, 08:42 PM
Fork Horn

Default Does this mean anything?

I was out in the woods today, and watched a doe walk to about fifty yards and start grazing. A few minutes later, a nice 8 point buck came in, and also started grazing. This went on for about 3 minutes, then the buck looked up, saw the doe, and started stomping his feet. Immediatly, the doe ran about 10 feet to the right, but was shadowed all the way by the buck. He shadowed every move the doe made, until they both took off, the buck following the doe closely. I'm sure I didn't spook them, is this an early sign of the rut or just a wierd happening? (I'm in Wisconsin)
Old 10-31-2005, 02:09 AM

Default RE: Does this mean anything?

The rut is starting. I'm in NE Wisconsin and have noticed the 1 1/2 old bucks have been dropping like flies the past 2 weeks getting hit by cars. This last week I've noticed the big boys starting to move as well. Have seen a few instances like you just described. I drive all night at work so I get to seen a ton of deer and I really have noticed the change in behavior with the bucks. Should be fun the next few weeks!