Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 One week till all heck breaks lose >

One week till all heck breaks lose

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

One week till all heck breaks lose

Old 10-28-2005, 11:38 AM
Typical Buck

Default One week till all heck breaks lose

Next weekend is my least favorite time of year. Minnesota Firearms deer opener.

I'm always scouting and trying to learn more about the land I hunt and the deer that live there. I spend hours and hours spotting, hunting, and just watching deer so when it comes to Bow season I have the best chance possible to get the buck I'm after.

My brother in law slug hunts the land that I bow hunt...........It drives me bananas every year...........After I spend all the time scouting ext.........He uses my stands and always is looking for advise on where to hunt.......I help himto a certain point but I want to tell him to figure it out for yourself like I did. Just venting I guess.........The deer will be allot smarter after next weekend. The ones that are left that is!!!
Old 10-28-2005, 11:48 AM
Spike

Default RE: One week till all heck breaks lose

Yeah, the gun hunting season can really tear things up but there will still be some bucks left. As for your brother-in-law that would make me crazy. I am happy to give general hunting advice to help someone out but my actual spots? You did all the work of finding the spot, now he wants to slip in and reep the benefits. Ouch!
Old 10-28-2005, 12:28 PM

if you think that is bad, try bowhunting in Arkansas. muzzleloader was open for 10 days, Oct. 15-23, then rifle opens up from Nov. 12- Dec. 18. then bow is open from Oct. 1 till Feb. 15. that is a lot of guns shooting for a long time. you might as well for gethunting afterrifle season if anything is left. that isn't including the 3 day rifle x-mas huntwe have and the 2 day muzzleloader seasonover New years eve and New years day.
Old 10-28-2005, 12:40 PM

BHD. I feel your pain. How long are the gun seasons in that part of the state? We've got a two day shotgun next weekend and a four day the following weekend. The muzzleloader kicks in the next weekend and runs to Dec. 11.

I plan to hunt hard this weekend and am taking next Friday off to hunt all day then. Will hunt the first gun weekend too and keep going if no success. I'm staying positive and thinking that the gun hunters might push deer my way if I stay out all day during their seasons.
Old 10-28-2005, 12:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

We're in the last few days of the 1 1/2 week EARLY MZL season here. Then there's a youth firearms season that always falls of the best rut day of the year. That's followed 2 weeks later by a 2 week firearms season which is followed by a two week MZL season and then another 2 or 3 day firearms season. With all the guns, the best bucks stay nocturnal around here.

My area is being hunted hard and a number of deer have been taken. The worst part is that my honey-hole has been invaded. Three of the worst hunters I have ever seen have been given permission to hunt the spot and they eventually managed to kill a young doe Last year they only managed to wound deer). They then traipsed all over the thicket looking for the deer and spooked out the big guy that lives there![:@] Stupid idiots!