Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Who, What, When, Where and Why >

Who, What, When, Where and Why

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who, What, When, Where and Why

Old 10-28-2005, 11:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Who, What, When, Where and Why

Ok here is the scenario....You have just been granted by the Hunting Gods...

7 days of whitetail bowhunting in any area you choose in North America. No cost all expenses paid....you can even go scout the area all expenses paid for 1 full week a month prior to your hunting dates if you choose to so you can look the country over..... You will be hunting private land or remote public low pressured lands... free ranging whitetails, in other words you won't have to worry about someone else disturbing your set ups... You get to take one person of choice to accompany you....Good luck; I am interested to hear where everyone would choose to go on their dream whitetail bowhunts...

1. Who would you take with you and why? What choice of bow hunting gear and attire will you be using for the scenario.

2. When would you go and why? Pick your favorite 7 days of the calander to hunt whitetails.

3. Where are you headed? What State or Province, Why did you choose this area over all others in North America?
Old 10-28-2005, 11:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Who, What, When, Where and Why

My Two Best Friends and my dad.
Dont need to say WHY..
The gear i already use..
Nov 7-15.
Saskatchewan
LARGE ANTLERS/MASS/WEIGHT

Old 10-28-2005, 11:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Who- My Dad. Although my Brother would be mad, I'd have to take Pop because he i'd nearly 60 and has never had an opportunity to do something like this.

When-Halloween. I would choose a 7 day period beginnign in late OCt/early November (Nov 1 through nov 8)

Where- Midwest (Ill or Ohio) why you ask.............do I need to answer??? No really the bucks there are awsome and I like the midwet country. It's beautiful vs Texas of further west IMO

Forgot my Bowhunting attire- I would take what I normally use every other day I hunt. Maybe just more filmfor the camera
Old 10-28-2005, 11:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

Who-Grampa with out a doubt, has hunted public land here in MI his whole life. Shot his first buck at age 62 with his bow. Hunting a place with big deer with gramps, priceless.

When-Nov 1-7th

Where-Milk River bottoms in Montana!! Why-Views and big deer
Old 10-28-2005, 11:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

who - Myself and my hunting partner whose been a friend since sixth grade

when - first week november

what - Longbow of course

where - buffalo county wisconsin

Oh, BTW, I already have it booked!!!
Old 10-28-2005, 12:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Interesting question, Troy.

If I could hunt anywhere, anytime, with anyone, this is how I'd like it to go down.

I would hunt the week of November 23 (11/20-26) in Biggar, Saskatchewan. I would be perched over the same trail that the famed Milo Hansen buck took his last breaths of air, just 13 years earlier.

This wouldn't just be a "hunting trip," but more of a religious pilgrimage to one of Whitetail hunting's most hallowed grounds.

I'd take my old faithful bow, probably get some good cold-weather gear, and probably take my dad along.

I'm pretty sure that week is rifle hunting in SK, but this is a fantasy, not reality, so we'll pretend that there would be no rifle hunting pressure around.

If my dad was unavailable, and I could take anyone - I think it would probably be Eva Longoria, Jessica Simpson or any other insanely hot girl. I'd need somebody to "warm me up" when I got back in from a long day on the stand. I would be in "Full Rut." LOL

Old 10-28-2005, 01:02 PM
Fork Horn

I wouldn't change a thing. Hunting in Buffalo County on private land is fine with me!
Old 10-28-2005, 01:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well, tough indeed.

Where: I like the eastern hardwoods, but that's where I hunt. No where south, I like it cold. Probably pick Iowa, big bucks and nice habitat.

When: beginning of november, I'll pick the 3rd thru the 10th. Also I want perfect weather. lows in upper 20's highs in the 40's cloudy, and little wind.

As far as gear, I'd keep my same bow setup, but probably add some new warmer duds, and maybe a newer light treestand, quality optics, and some other misc items.

Who: I'd like it to be my Dad, buthis attitude has changed a lot over the years and I really don't think he'd enjoy it or want to go. In which case I'd pick one of my old college buddies that I don't get to see to often anymore, but who still lives to hunt like mad.
Old 10-28-2005, 01:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Quick,

I was fortunate enough to shed hunt with Hiawatha from this site....in thatcountry fairly close to Biggar last spring. I was in the Porcupine Plain area. It was literally an amazing week for me, as you referred to Holy ground of whitetais..it was almost spiritual for me..I witnessed whitetails up there like I have never seen ...numbers, size and beautiful farm country.... Even in snow as deep as 2 feet in some places...I found about 2 dozen sheds, some beautiful bones, I met with many locals and visited about whitetails for hours, it was just an awesome trip I will never forget. The country up there is to me, just simply amazing when you consider in variables many of us would want factored into a whitetail mecca, that country has it! I have some amazing video footage from up there, I need to get some clips posted...

As for any Jessica's or Evas..up there.. sorry I didn't find anything as distracting as that!!!!!!!!!! so bringing them along..well never mind.. LOL

Thanks for sharing everyone thus far...
Old 10-28-2005, 01:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

1. Who Dad, No thought needed! why? He taught me to be who I am today, both in and out of the woodsWhat? My Bowtech Allegiance and Dad would have his Hoyt cam&1/2
2. When Hmm unsure but would study up on dates to catch the chasing phase of the rut

3. Where : Canada, Saskatchewan : Always wanted to go there to hunt.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.