Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Who, What, When, Where and Why >

Who, What, When, Where and Why

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who, What, When, Where and Why

Old 10-28-2005, 02:14 PM

Default RE: Who, What, When, Where and Why

Who: My Dad. Period. The single best hunter I know, and the guy who taught me everything I know (that's also the why).

When: Last week in October - starting to get chilly, leaves all changed...

Where: Saskatchewan. Huge, huge deer. Be like shootin' a danged cow with antlers.
Old 10-28-2005, 04:46 PM

1. I'd take my dad, and the gear we always use, confidence you know.

2. I'd go middle of November, peak rut time.

3. I'd go to Pike County Illinois, because it'd be cold, and there are monsters coming out of there all the time.
Old 10-28-2005, 05:10 PM

Funny thing, Ive been thinking this exact thing for a couple months now, and discussing it with my wife. OK here goes.

1. WHO my dad. Why? In his 55 years of life, hes never hunted anywhere except for our 250 acres here in central MO. In April he was diagnosed with incurable lung cancer, they have treated it the best they can, and it did some good, but they say it will come back, but they have no idea where or when. So, I dont know how many seasons he has left to hunt, and he has never taken a big buck in his life.

2. What? It would have to be rifle, since he doesnt bowhunt anymore, but Id like to go with bow.

3. Where, thats the hard part, but been thinking of Milk River, in Montana, or maybe Kansas. But after his treatment he gets cold easy, so Texas is also a consideration.

Hope to take him somewhere in the next year or so.
Old 10-28-2005, 06:30 PM
Typical Buck

Great post!

My answer...I wouldn't change a thing...I'm blessed with good deer, great habitat, and most of all, great friends.
Old 10-28-2005, 06:47 PM
Typical Buck

Who-No doubt my brother, the only hunting partner I have or want
Why- We got into hunting together and we never had anyone take us when we were younger. We have learned all we know together.
What- Same gear as always.
When- Depending on location and gun season, Mid November.
Where- Already hunt Greene Co. Il. so probably there, but for a chance at something like Carribou, Elk, or Moose I dont know probably Canada.
Why- Great deer population where We currently hunt. But would like a chance at some other big game
Old 10-28-2005, 07:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

WHO...It would be with my DAD or Grandpa.
WHY...Because there the ones that got me involved in the outdoors when i was knee high to a grasshopper, and i owe it to them.
WHAT..With archery equipment preferably.
WHEN..Probally in early or mid november.
WHERE..Sask canada Where the BIG boys roam...there just something about that place that really get my blood pumping!!
Old 10-28-2005, 07:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

1. Who would you take with you and why? What choice of bow hunting gear and attire will you be using for the scenario.

I would take my brother. I am a loner most of the time when it comes to hunting and we may have our "brotherly" standoffs at times but he is still my best hunting partner.

I honestly would not change anything except for picking up a set of those SHED33 rattlin' horns I am 100% confident and comfortable with my gear selection.

2. When would you go and why? Pick your favorite 7 days of the calander to hunt whitetails.

I would most likely go the second week of November. The first week of November is reserved for me chasing these monster Ohio bucks and I wouldn't give that up for anything.

3. Where are you headed? What State or Province, Why did you choose this area over all others in North America?

I would go to Kansas I believe. Those monster bucks that come from there are absolute hogs. It would also be a change of pace from the style of hunting I am accustomed to at home.
Old 10-28-2005, 07:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Who? I would take my 10 yr old son if feasable or my g/friend

Where? Saskatchewan

When? The week after Halloween
Old 10-28-2005, 08:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Who-my brother
When- second week of Nov. RUT
Where-The Edmonton Bow Zone in Alberta
Why- because that's where the next World Record whitetail lives. Also because that's where I'm goingfrom the5th to the 12th of Nov.

YA GOTTA LUV IT!