HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   PLEASE HELP (FAST) 170 class buck (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/118567-please-help-fast-170-class-buck.html)

deer-hunter18 10-27-2005 02:28 PM

PLEASE HELP (FAST) 170 class buck

Ok here is the deal, i got all ready for an afternoon in the stand, on my way out to the stand i saw several deer. When i was about 40 yards from my stand All i see is RACK, This was the biggest buck that i have ever seen in the woods, i rough scored him at just under 175". I mean huge, this buck is setting right under my stand just laying there. It is 2 PM i have never hunted this stand yet this year, and it is the same stand that i shot a 152" 8 pointer out of last year. As soon as i saw this rack i hit the ground, and got up on my knees. He was turning his head but his face was under the weeds and the rack was above the weeds, he never smelled me, heard me, or saw me. I just belly crawled out of there and let him lay. Now to the question... Do i hunt that stand all day tomarrow? or do i go in there at about 10 am and try to get there before he does. I have no clue what time he wondered in there. Please help me, i really want this buck, it is the first time i have seen this particular buck, and i dont know what to do. To tell you the truth i am shaking so bad right not i am about to cry. I just got home from this whole incedent. I dont know what to do.

BigJ71 10-27-2005 02:31 PM

RE: PLEASE HELP (FAST)

If you can do it, I would sneek in there in the morning and hunt that sucker all day.

dusters84 10-27-2005 02:50 PM

RE: PLEASE HELP (FAST)

I agree, hunt him all day. Just be very cautius going to the stand. Spend a while tiptoeing your way in there.

dkeener 10-27-2005 02:59 PM

RE: PLEASE HELP (FAST) 170 class buck

No brainer for me. I wouldget there very early, but try to avoid any route that he may take to get to your stand (goes without saying).
Good luck, keep us posted!!!

jhalfhill 10-27-2005 03:06 PM

yep hunt it all day.

if it were me tho i woulda went home, hung up the ole BowTech, and went back doing my famous army crawl with my Excaliber crossbow. I don't like using crossbows but for a buck in the 170's i can make an exception. any of you guys ever try sneaking up on a deer like that before. its very difficult but what a rush.

deer-hunter18 10-27-2005 03:09 PM

Well i cant use a cross bow, and i was afraid to move on him because he was already straight downwind of me. Thank god for my scent blocker suit. I just dont know if i can last all day in that stand, it is not the most comfortable stand in the world. But i think i can make due with this boy hanging around. I aint kiddin you guys he is HUGE. Wide and tall just how i like them. AAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGggg.. I will not be able to sleep tonight. Thanks for the info guys, i plan on hunting all day. If i get him i will post pictures asap. Thanks again.

RTA47 10-27-2005 03:13 PM

Good luck!

deer-hunter18 10-27-2005 03:24 PM

ORIGINAL: RTA47

Good luck!
Thanksit is going to take A LOT OF LUCK:D

NorthernMN 10-27-2005 03:27 PM

Well, since you won't be able to sleep just go back out there now and wait in the dark until tomorrow comes. :D

Seriously though I have been tempted to go out at midnight just to make sure I get ther before the deer do. Wouldn't be too bad sleeping the the stand as long ar you are strapped in.

deer-hunter18 10-27-2005 03:30 PM

ORIGINAL: NorthernMN

Well, since you won't be able to sleep just go back out there now and wait in the dark until tomorrow comes. :D

Seriously though I have been tempted to go out at midnight just to make sure I get ther before the deer do. Wouldn't be too bad sleeping the the stand as long ar you are strapped in.
I am afraid to go out now to hunt he was laying directly under my stand.