Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I need a treestand book... >

I need a treestand book...

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I need a treestand book...

Old 10-27-2005, 07:39 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: I need a treestand book...

If your a war buff, one of the best out there is "The Killer Angels". Probably the best book out there concerning battle of gettsberg. Softback is about $5. Taz
Old 10-27-2005, 07:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've read just about all the "classics" (Tom Sawyer, Wuthering Heights, Three Musketeers, Around the World in Eighty Days, Sherlock Holmes, etc). Walmart had them on sale for $0.50 each at one time as a promotional. Other than those I prefer a good Louie L'amour because it's light reading that I don't mind getting interrupted every page to look around. Last one I finished was King Solomon's Mine. I carry a palm pilot with about 20 ebooks on it now so I've got a selection, or solitare for that matter. Helps me to keep from fidgeting.
Old 10-27-2005, 08:25 AM

If your a man of faith like I am, there is an author by the name of Steve Chapman who has wrote a few books, one is called "A Look at Life froma Deer Stand," another one is called, "On a Deer Hunt with God," and there are a couple of more. Some about fishing too. The way he starts his little inspirational stories out are awesome. He begins with something like, "It was a cold morning, I had been waiting to hunt this stand all season, the scrapes were beginning to show..........." and so on. Some are about elk hunts and some about turkey hunts too. Then he turns it into a little lesson about life and faith. Really is a great book and great to read on stand!

Good Luck.
Chris in SW MO
Old 10-27-2005, 08:27 AM

http://www.steveandanniechapman.com/books.shtml

Thats his website, you can usually find them at bood stores too.
Old 10-27-2005, 08:29 AM

last year, i took my auditing textbook with me but only ended up reading like 10 pages cause i kept feeling like i was missing something or that a buck was going to be standing like 20 yards away and i would never see him. should have majored in deer hunting instead of accounting[:'(]
Old 10-27-2005, 08:32 AM

I bring my cell phone and play "deer hunter" on silent mode
Old 10-27-2005, 08:37 AM

Thanks for the replies guys! I find a book keeps me from adjusting or moving less, but I only read one when I can use my ears instead of my eyes to hear deer coming, dry crisp mornings. If it is wet out andI cant hear them approach, no book.

Looks like I may have reading beyond the deer season
Old 10-27-2005, 09:15 AM

Dean Koontz - Fear Nothing / Seize the night.
Stephen King - The Dark Tower book / Pet Sematary / Salems Lot

Trust me - nothing will get past you when you read these because you will hear every twig snap. HAHAH!!
Old 10-27-2005, 10:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I usually read the Clancy series about OpCenter or NetForce. Both have short chapters and are quick reads. The short chapters allow me to use the book as a mental break for 5-10 minutes at a time. With both series, it's also easy to not read them for awhile and then get right back into it say a week or two later if you haven't had the urge to read them on the stand lately.

Old 10-27-2005, 10:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'll probably get flamed for this, but Juiced by Jose Canseco is not a bad read...if you like baseball. An added bonus....not to many big words LOL[8D]

Quick Reply: I need a treestand book...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.