Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Finally got one on the ground >

Finally got one on the ground

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Finally got one on the ground

Old 10-26-2005, 07:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Finally got one on the ground

After almost 4 weeks of pretty hard hunting in Northern IL, Southern IL, and a little bit in WI I finally put a deer on the ground tonight. It would've been nice if it had been a big buck but hey, I'll take a doe when the opportunity arises.

She came in with a nubber buck around 5:30 and presented me with a great 10 yard shot. I thought I smoked her but as things would later show I ended up getting one lung and the liver. She walked in a circle around my stand and gave me a 2nd shot at 40 yards. I hit her a bit far back with the 2nd shot but she didn't go another 20 yards before piling up on the direct opposite side of my stand from where I shot her. Both arrows were complete pass thru shots.

On my way out to the truck to meet up with my dad I spooked the big boy we're chasing around. From what I could tell in the dim light through the binos he's a solid 150 class 10 pointer with at least 4 kickers coming off of his G2's - maybe more. This is the THIRD time we've seen him in virtually the same spot in the past 2 weeks. My dad was in his stand only 60 yards away but never saw the deer because of thick cover. Hopefully one of us gets a crack at him this year!

Time to take a shower and finish watching Game 4 of the series. Good luck to everyone in the upcoming days - the pre-rut is finally starting to kick in.

Old 10-26-2005, 07:52 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Finally got one on the ground

Congrats! What state did you take her in?
Old 10-26-2005, 08:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats Justin!
Old 10-26-2005, 08:09 PM

nice lookin doe u got there ..im on the hunt for two does right now..got my buck earlier this year..
Old 10-26-2005, 08:17 PM

good job keep up the good work on your hunting this season...
Old 10-26-2005, 08:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

Good job Justin.
Old 10-26-2005, 08:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

congrats justin
Old 10-26-2005, 08:29 PM

Congrats...nice doe for the freezer...and always nice to know big daddy is in the area. Good luck bagging the buck!
Old 10-26-2005, 08:37 PM
Fork Horn

nice job! congrats
Old 10-26-2005, 08:44 PM

Nice justin.If I knew you were coming to southern illinois I could of put you where you would of gotten a doe bye early morning or late afternoon.I knew you were always a lil slow but man 4 weeks???? LOL Just kidding.If you decide you want to hunt in the southn end of the state again let me know.might let ya hunt the orchard depends on what ya bring me LOL.Good luck on the buck.

Quick Reply: Finally got one on the ground

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.