HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   $50 OFFER (would you take it?) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/118195-50-offer-would-you-take.html)

deer-hunter18 10-25-2005 07:27 AM

$50 OFFER (would you take it?)

Well i went for a walk yesterday, down by where i hunt, it is a new piece of ground that i just gained acess to. THe farmer who owns the land told me that there was a handicap guy that hunts with a cross bow, out of a WHEELCHAIR. So i see this truck and it is almost dark so i wanted to make sure that he was alright, so i just said very loudly is any one out there. He replied ya can you come help me. At this point im just wondering if i need to call 911. So i ran in there and there he was sitting in his wheelchair, and his crossbow on his lap with a big old doe sitting by him. And i said wow nice shot she is huge. Then i grabed the back legs and started draging, he said are you going to drag that all the way to my truck, i said yep. So we get going it was only about 100 yard drag, I get all the way to the truck and see the deer wasn't even gutted yet, Then i thought duh he wouldn't be able to gut it. So i gutted the deer and then put it in the back of his truck. He thanked me so many times it was unbelievable. LOL Then he takes out is wallet and say here a fifty for your troubles, i kindly told him no way in HE!! im taking money for what i just did, wrote my cell number on a piece of paper and handed it to him, and told him if you ever need help gutting or draging give me a call i live right up the road and i will come and help you. I just thought it was funny, because he offered me $50 to gut and drag a deer 100 yards. :D

turtleshell 10-25-2005 07:31 AM

RE: $50 OFFER (would you take it?)

NOPE. You did a good deed there and it will come back to you some time later. I would have done the same and I wouldn't have taken the money either. Goo job.

GaBowtechHunter05 10-25-2005 07:42 AM

You did the right thing and like turtleshell said, it will come back to you later. We need more people like you in this world anyways that will help and elder or handicapped person.

BROX 10-25-2005 07:47 AM

Great job thats what we need people out there giving us(hunters)a good rap. good job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Lots ofRESPECT to you from me!!!!!!!!!!

jsasker 10-25-2005 07:48 AM

Although i'm sure it was well worth it for him, you did the right thing.;)

LA_SWAMPER 10-25-2005 07:48 AM

Awesome thing to do for someone less fortunate than us. The thing about is that he will never forget that as long as he lives and one day if you ever need help, and its within his ability to do so, he will be there. Good job!

mblb679 10-25-2005 07:48 AM

AWESOME thing to do. Alot of people put in that same situation wouldnt have done the same. Personally I feel for people with disablities that want to be able to go on with a semi normal life. That is this guy point blank, he has a disablity and he is not letting it run him. He is still doing what he loves out there hunting. Awesome again.

Mark

This is what hunting is all about BROTHERHOOD

Yivin 10-25-2005 07:50 AM

Great job...My hats off to ya...Nuttin like helping out someone. Makes things in life seem a little better at the end of the tunnel. The money...never...I like to gut deer anyway...hehe...

DubsOnD 10-25-2005 07:57 AM

Atta boy. Where are you from? I love the fact that there are people still in this world that aren't all about themselvesand money.

I'm from SD and people around here do things like that fairly often, but other places I've traveled I havn't noticed the same thing. I once had a battery go dead on me in a wal-mart (won't say where to avoid a big fight) and I had thehood up, cables on, it took 15 minutes beforeanybody even stopped, and the guy who did said "For $5 I'll let you use my pickup to jump start your car." I just laughed and asked if he was kidding, and he drove off. Finally a Neb resident who was also out of state stopped and helped me out.I offered the $5 the other guy demanded and of course he wouldn't take it.

Again, thanks for being a good guy, the deer gods will shine on you for it.

duxrok 10-25-2005 07:58 AM

I wouldn't take the money either. I'd rather have a new hunting friend than $50. Besides that - listening to the guy tell the story of the deer while he was still exited about it would be worth the time it took to help him.

Friends pay off in ways that money couldn't compare to.