Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 $50 OFFER (would you take it?) >

$50 OFFER (would you take it?)

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

$50 OFFER (would you take it?)

Old 10-25-2005, 09:37 AM
Spike

Default RE: $50 OFFER (would you take it?)

I helped a girl out on the highway that is 2 miles from my house after she went into the ditch trying to avoiding a deer I stayed with her for an hour till the tow truck and here parents showed up.I gave them my business card for insurance purposses in case they needed a witness.That was saturday night......on monday her mother wrote my company a letter of acknowledgement my companyand her fathers company put or machine shop on their approved vendors list for his companyand today I recieved a$50 gift certifacate in the mail for gander mountainNow I will have to drive all the way up there just to use it .....oh wooh is me
Old 10-25-2005, 09:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

way to go 18,
keep treating people like that and you'll be a happy fellow for a long time
Old 10-25-2005, 09:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

you did just what i would have done , best thing in the world to make another hunting buddy and i too would have given him my number and said call whenever you need anything . it will come back manytimes over for you
Old 10-25-2005, 10:02 AM
Boone & Crockett

GOODjob and that is from a disabled hunter
Old 10-25-2005, 10:06 AM
Dominant Buck

Handicapped, wheelchair bound, plain old hunting buddy, olympic athelete, gal, kid... it doesn't matter. I do that sort of stuff all the time. I just like to help and celebrate someones success with them. I don't think any hunter I've ever met would take money for such stuff. On the contrary, you'd be a jerk if you did.[8D]
Old 10-25-2005, 11:32 AM
Fork Horn

last deer season 1 of our guys dad wanted to get into hunting. at 70 years old. so he took his course, got his license. i helped him sight in his gun. first saturday of the season he shoots 2 doe's just at dusk. were all in the shop havin a few beers. well 30 minutes go by and i was kinda worried about him not being back yet. so i jumped on the 4 wheeler and went lookin. here he is with 2 doe's,just starring at them. he says,i dont know how to gut them. so i took my knife out and said hold my coat. well a couple days later he hands me an envelope. i go zeke,whats this. says open it later when everyone leaves. so i did, it was a gift card for gander mountain. well his grandson loves everything about hunting at 10 years old. so i gave it to him and said your gramps doesnt need to know i gave it to ya. somethings you just do,not because you have to. but because its the way it should be. good job helpin the guy with his deer. he wont forget ya.
Old 10-25-2005, 11:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Very nice and decent thing to do!!!Those types of acts speak volumes about what type of person you are.It was considerate of him to offer but like your self there is no way I would accept any thing.Way to Go!!
Old 10-25-2005, 12:28 PM

Like everyone else I wouldn't have taken the money. Just helping him out and seeing how happy the man was would be enough payment for me. Good job
Old 10-25-2005, 12:47 PM
Fork Horn

Hunters helping hunters, that's what it's all about. GREAT JOB!!
Old 10-25-2005, 01:06 PM

Nope, it was a good thing you did. I asked a guy a couple years ago to help me drag a big doe out, I even had it on a cart, just couldn't go any further. I had drug it up a big hill and had probably 1/4 or 1/3 a mile to go in the woods yet. I got done and offered him some cash, he wouldn't take it. Lots of nice people out there and your one of them. I would have done the same thing.

Quick Reply: $50 OFFER (would you take it?)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.