Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 which do you prefer- woods or field hunting? >

which do you prefer- woods or field hunting?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

which do you prefer- woods or field hunting?

Old 10-24-2005, 12:12 PM

Default RE: which do you prefer- woods or field hunting?

i prefer woods also even tho i havent really deer hunted that much..i seen my first deer still hunting in the woods..
btw what does IMO Stand for?
LOL
Old 10-24-2005, 12:18 PM

in my opinion

Old 10-25-2005, 12:32 AM

I am in really thick woods, but no more then 15 yards from a big field, this way I get the best of both worlds.
CYberg
Old 10-25-2005, 05:27 AM

I hunt bith right now, 81 acres of corn and soybean field, and 20 acres of woods. I just got permission to hunt the 20 acres and was I pumped, there is nothing like sitting in the woods and being able to hear everything that moves. Then again a field is nice because I can see all my surroundings, nothing will sneak up on me. What I don't like about a field though, is when it is windy (15-20mph) you can feel it much more, your tree moves, you get colder with the wind on your face and so on. The woods break up that wind and make it still huntable. So I have to go with the woods.
Old 10-25-2005, 06:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

It depends. Are the critters in the woods or in the fields? Wherever they are, that's where I prefer to hunt.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like the woods during the days and either fields or swamp edges when it's getting late--swamp edges are where i see the most movement when it's getting close to "dinner time"
Old 10-25-2005, 08:15 AM

I like the woods. Just so much life to see in there with all the critters, not to mention the scenery. If I'm watching a field it gets pretty monotonous and boring. Woods all the way!
Old 10-25-2005, 08:19 PM

FIELDS, FIELDS AND FIELDS. I've hunted an 80 acre farm this season in both woods and fields. In the last 2 weekends alone I have seen 31deer inside 60 yards from my little ground blind under an apple tree on the edge of a winter wheat field. There isNO boredom in this field, I feel like I don't have enough eyes. The 4 point that walked inside the 30 fell prey to the Hoyt, now I go into trophy mode just as the Rut is starting. Yea baby!
Old 10-25-2005, 08:26 PM
Fork Horn

I hunt 90% woods/swamp land.

If I had my choice, I would prefer wooded river/creek bottoms full of oaks, that lead from one field to another.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:37 PM
Typical Buck

My best stand is set up about 60 yards inside the woods just off a trail between a bean field and a deep creek bottom. I try to intercept them either coming from the field or going to the field.

Quick Reply: which do you prefer- woods or field hunting?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.