Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Forgot your release, what do you do? >

Forgot your release, what do you do?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Stay, and hunt with fingers
43.59%
Go home, get release, and come back for what is left in day
28.21%
Go home, and come back later in evening or next morning.
19.23%
Stay, but don't hunt
8.97%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Forgot your release, what do you do?

Old 10-24-2005, 07:37 AM

Default RE: Forgot your release, what do you do?

I would go home & get my realease since I hunt close to home most of the time. I think I owe it to the animals I hunt not to attempt a shot with my fingers sincemy bow is sighted in using a release. I want accuracy &I wouldn't want to be tempted into a shot I wouldn't feel good about.

Old 10-24-2005, 07:38 AM
Spike

This very thing happened to me last week. My home is an hour away, but there is a Wal-Mart 20 min. away. I went to Wal-Mart and they only had 1 release in stock. It was on clearance for $5.00! It's now my emergency back up.
Old 10-24-2005, 07:39 AM

Fingers! I actually practice this. With my fingers, I shoot4 inches right at 20 yards. Easy adjustment to make.
Old 10-24-2005, 07:51 AM
Fork Horn

Never forgot my release.dropped it twice on the way in though. 1st time had to get out of the car to movea log in the road to and dropped it/branch grabbed what part of it was hanging out of my crago pocket on my pants. 2nd time was an am hunt this time it just fell out of my pocket[:@]. I stayed thought in the right situation i MIGHT have used my fingers if I had to.
Old 10-24-2005, 07:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: silentassassin

None of the above. I would just get out my back up release. If for some reason I didn't have it either then I would go hmo and get it but that has never happened because I keep my back up in my bag and i don't hunt without my bag.
Exactly what he said.

Old 10-24-2005, 07:55 AM

ORIGINAL: wis_bow_huntr

Go back to the car/truck and get my spare that I leave in the vehicle. Always buy 2 and keep on in the glove box.
That is what I would do. I have two releases, and my spare is always in my bow case.
Old 10-24-2005, 08:03 AM

I always have a second release in my fanny pack and a third release in my bow case. I have never forgotten my release but I learned my lesson when I got to my hunting area several years ago and realized that the working end of the release on my wrist (the trigger and the jaws) came unscrewed and fell off somewhere in the previous 2 miles that I just walked. Themanufacturer replaced the part but needless to say, that release is now #3 onmy list.
Old 10-24-2005, 08:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Won't ever happen, my release is just like my arrows, can't hunt without them and they are always attached to the bow, unless, of course, I have the release around my wrist
Old 10-24-2005, 08:08 AM
Fork Horn

If my release isn't on my wrist it is fastened to my bow. You will never forget it if you do this. Leave it strapped to your bow until you are ready to use it and as soon as you take it off just fasten it back to your bow. I do carry a spare in the truck in case of malfunction etc.
Old 10-24-2005, 08:18 AM

me to i always keep my release on my bow on on my wrist butt opening day i was going to with the best friend of mine and i had my release was on my bow and i told him to hold my bow while i got my other bow stuff in my bag and he drew back my martin bow and the release slide down on the cam and when he let it back in he poped the strings offf [:@]

Quick Reply: Forgot your release, what do you do?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.