Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Muzzy Broadheads... >

Muzzy Broadheads...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Muzzy Broadheads...

Old 10-23-2005, 09:17 PM

Default Muzzy Broadheads...

Has anyone else heard of or experienced problems with Muzzy Broadheads not leaving blood trails??? I had a problem a few days ago, just wondering if it was just a freak thing or not.
Old 10-23-2005, 09:25 PM

Default RE: Muzzy Broadheads...

yes, i shoot a 100 grain 3 blade and shot a big doe the other day and we only found 1 spot of blood. i know several other people who have had this problem. Thats the first problem i have had with them.
Old 10-23-2005, 09:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Check out a thread I just started today entitled "I decided to let my boy hold a deer tonight"... It should be in the top 10 or so on the front page still.
Old 10-23-2005, 09:28 PM

K thanks....anyone have a suggestion for a different broadhead at a similar price??
Old 10-23-2005, 09:48 PM

I shoot the muzzy 100 gr 4 blade and seem to have problems with the blood trails but I also hear where the deer crash so they havent cost me a deer.
Old 10-23-2005, 09:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Haven't had a problem yet. (Knock on wood!) I shoot the 100gr4 blade Muzzy.
Old 10-23-2005, 09:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Guys,
Muzzy broadheads have probably killed more deer than any other brand. As far as blood trails go you know there are many factors that determine how much of a blood trail you find.
1. Shot placement. If a shot is high the deer may bleed like crazy, but internally till the cavity fills. you may also hit or miss major blood vessels.
2. Broadhead sharpness . You know they come pretty sharp out of the pack but when left open oxidation can and will slowly dull any broadhead. Arteries and veins are tougher than we think. They can roll right over a dull broadhead.
I shoot muzzy 100's and have had great results. If you think about it why would'nt two different brands same diameter and same sharpness shot in same location have similar results?..........dabow
Old 10-23-2005, 10:01 PM
Typical Buck

Never used Muzzy at all, but if you're looking for something else...where to start...lol I used the Rocky Mountain Advantage for years now, and have seen every deer I shot with them go down, but also I could see the blood trails from the tree!
This year I decided to give the Slick Trick 100's a try, and I can honestly say I'm VERY impressed with them as well. I shot a doe a week ago today, and the blood trail from her was quite criminal and gruesome. I was actually surprised as when the arrow hit her, it knocked her right off her feet, and when she did get up, she only went 10 yards before running into a small maple and expiring. I had never seen a deer taken off it's feet before with a double lung shot!
I should also mention that both heads fly like darts, and I've never had to move my sights for either one. I'm carrying 3 of each in my quiver this year.
Old 10-24-2005, 04:29 AM

I shoot muzzy 100 3 blades, Ive always had a great blood trail!
Old 10-24-2005, 04:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

I used to shoot Muzzy's for a few years but actually didnt think much of them for just that reason but it was probably just coincidence more than anything. A good hit is a good hit IMO but I honestly had real terrible luck getting good blood trails while shooting the Muzzy's. I switched back to Thunderheads and as luck would have it Im getting great blood. Like I said its probably more coincidence more than anything but Im all about getting in a stand with confidence.

Quick Reply: Muzzy Broadheads...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.