Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 kicked big buck out of bed!~ >

kicked big buck out of bed!~

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

kicked big buck out of bed!~

Old 10-23-2005, 10:22 AM

Default kicked big buck out of bed!~

i was scouting a new spot to hunt today and kicked up a monster 8 pointer,i was in the area for only 30 to 40 minutes total before i saw him then i left right after i saw him, wondering if he will stick around or if he'll go elsewhere ,any input appriciated!
Old 10-23-2005, 10:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: kicked big buck out of bed!~

I did the same thing a few years ago and never saw him again. But bucks are like people, each one is a bit different. I would stay in the general area and hope for a shot at him....dabow
Old 10-23-2005, 10:58 AM

I have kicked up the same huge buck 4 times this year, and if you didn't chase him or anything ridiculous like that, and he has no reason to leave the area, he won't. I'd say just try to figure out where he is bedding down...and go from there. good luck
Old 10-23-2005, 01:20 PM

SOMETHING LIKE THIS HAPPENED TO ME LAST YEAR
ORIGINAL: TimmyT0205

I have kicked up the same huge buck 4 times this year, and if you didn't chase him or anything ridiculous like that, and he has no reason to leave the area, he won't. I'd say just try to figure out where he is bedding down...and go from there. good luck
Old 10-23-2005, 02:25 PM
Dominant Buck

Well heck boy. You already kicked him out. You should have taken the opportunity to do some serious exploring before leaving. That way you could have picked some ambush spots and approaches for your return. Kicking him out once will NOT send him to the next county. It was an inconvenience and he probably didn't go far before going into his sneak and peak stealth mode. He'd bed up again quite quickly. If you don't see him or any deer like this again, it doesn't mean you spooked him away. Most mature bucks are king of their domain. We RARELY see them. It's even rarer to see them twice or three times. We usually get one or two chances and that's it. We have to make the most of those opportunities. The deer don't run off, just get more cautious and careful.
Old 10-23-2005, 03:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

He will be there. He's not going to leave his harrium of does this time of year from seeing you. Find a funnel and get him. Good luck.
Old 10-23-2005, 04:30 PM
Fork Horn

In our area, it has been my experience that the bigger bucks won't come back to the same exact bed, but they will not be too far away. Usually within 300-400 yards.