Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Be Honest...

Old 10-26-2005, 11:58 AM

Default RE: Be Honest...

I can yes, kinda, sorta... Well what happened was my brother and I had the same bow case when I was in high school. To make a long story short, I went to the building and grabbed his bow and didn't realize it till I got on top of the mountain and opened the case. Luckily my buddy was with me and I went with him. Unfortunately for him he missed a six point, that I spotted and told him it was about 40yds away. After he missed I asked him which pin he shot. He said 30yd pin. Oh well.

Oh yea, got a new bow case so it wouldn't happen again.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:00 PM
Fork Horn

Forgot my breech plug at the truck last muzzleloader season.

Was wondering why the ramrod when down farther than normal when I loaded it.

Found out real quick when I tried to get the 209 primer in the plug (no plug).
Old 10-26-2005, 12:01 PM

Never! I will admit that once I climbed into my stand and climbed up/shimmied up the tree, secured myself and my seat, got my mask on and my release on my wrist...then reached down for my pull rope only to realize i forgot to tie it off on my stand! So, back down the tree to get the rope and then back up...I was tired by the time I was all done and ready to hunt...and pissed! But I never forgot my bow!
Old 10-26-2005, 12:35 PM
Fork Horn

Inever forgot my bow or my release but i feel really stupid on this one i haveforgotmy quiver once!!!!
Old 10-26-2005, 01:03 PM

dad and i were done pheasant hunting, put the shotguns in there cases and on top of the old station wagon. pack the rest of the stuff and drove home about 2 hour trip. got home and the shotguns were still on top of the car. thank god there was a luggage rack on it.

shot some 3d targets with my bowat a buddy's house. went hunting the next morning and got in the stand and pulled an arrow out, nothing put field tips. sucked bad.
Old 10-26-2005, 01:36 PM

No, but I've climbed into my treestand, settled in with my gear stowed and at the most inappropriate moment discovered my bow was still attached to the tow line at the bottom of my stand.

What made it inappropriate was after sitting in the stand for 20 minutes, I saw a doe approaching at 20 yards and reached down for the bow and discovered it wasn't in the stand with me.

Proceeded to pull the bow up while the doe looked the other way but she spooked and ran offstoppingat 75 yards. I grunted and the doe came back in offer a 25 yard shot which I connected on and bagged my first bow kill insix years.

I've twiceforgotten my release backat home which is 300 miles from camp. Now I travel withthree releases each stored in different locations of my hunting gear.
Old 10-26-2005, 01:41 PM

Drove 4 hours without remembering to bring my bullets once! Couldn't find any at the stores either.I became an observer for a weekend.
Old 10-26-2005, 01:50 PM
Spike

DuringGun season I use a Remington 870 pump and kept the lock/key in my pocket "all" the time during the season. Well not this morning, about 45 mins from home I'm trying to be McGiver and pick the lock. Needless to say I was not successfull. I drove home and didn't get into the woods until after sun up. Nothing harvested that day.

Now the extra key is tied to the handle of my gun case.
Old 10-26-2005, 02:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well I never forgot my bow But my Nephew did! Last yr. He drove over an hour to our hunting area. when it was just about time to head out he opened up his bow case and to his suprize there was no bow? He took it out of the case to take look at it the night before and just forgot to put it back in.The rest of us went out hunting, And he sat back down in the truck and went to sleep.
I myself have forgot my release back at the truck, Last yr. I climb upa tree in my summitt climber and forgot to tie my pull rope to my bowthat would not have been so bad but it was only about a hundred degree`s out[:'(]
Old 10-26-2005, 03:16 PM

never happed to me but I have forgot myrelease....

Quick Reply: Be Honest...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.