Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Thought I was Imune >

Thought I was Imune

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Thought I was Imune

Old 10-19-2005, 07:54 PM

Default Thought I was Imune

I am new to the site so hope this isn't to long. Thought everyone would laugh at my stupidity. Here goes. I went hunting this weekend and found a good tree to climb. I noticed a poison ivy vine on the tree but ignored it because I hadn't had it since I was a kid. After the hunt my bladder was about to burst. I took care of business outside of my hunting area and proceded about my day. Here's were it gets good.

Noticed my Johnson started itching a couple of days later. I woke up on the third day and had massive swelling(swelling the size of a large cucumber). I figured it was time to see the doctor. Doc came in and asked were I had it. I told him and he said he would have to see how bad it was to prescribe some steroids. I showed him and a look of awe came across his face and he said "are you sure you can pee withit like that." To make a long story short the steroids worked and I learned a valuable lesson. And to top it off the wife asked me to see if the doctor could get rid of the ivy and not the swelling. Sorry for the long post
Old 10-19-2005, 08:03 PM

Default RE: Thought I was Imune

1 word....OWW
Old 10-19-2005, 08:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

That story there gives new meaning to the Seven Year Itch......
Old 10-19-2005, 08:10 PM

I like what the wife said. Yeah, Ive been there and done that though.
Old 10-19-2005, 08:12 PM

When I was 16 I went to a 3-D shoot, and while I was waiting at a backed up target, I was sitting in a patch of it, I didnt even know what it looked like cause Id never gotten it, but I did notice my buddies laughing at me when I was pulling leaved off and tearing them up. I did the same thing and took a leak, but also rubbed my eyes, must have picked my nose too, the next day I couldnt open my eyes or breath through my nose, and had the same swelling you mentioned. I was begging for one of those shots. It sucks and I know what your goin through, I know well what it looks like now and avoid it if at all possible. lol
Old 10-19-2005, 08:22 PM
Typical Buck

you poor thing....hope it's feeling better soon.
Old 10-19-2005, 08:25 PM
Typical Buck

HOLY SMOKE!!!!! I dont even want to think about it!! talking about a NIGHTMARE!!!!
Old 10-19-2005, 08:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

welcome huntfish, got any of that ivy left
Old 10-19-2005, 08:42 PM

Dude, I really am immune to it. I used to chase kids around camp with it, and still can't get it today. It keeps people out of my stands, there's a big ole vine growing up my favorite tree
Old 10-19-2005, 09:01 PM
Fork Horn

ahahh thats great well atleast u learned ur lesson

Quick Reply: Thought I was Imune

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.