Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Question about poop... >

Question about poop...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Question about poop...

Old 10-19-2005, 07:43 AM

Default RE: Question about poop...

Didn't spot any tp laying there next to it did ya? If so, I'd say nix the taste test!
Old 10-19-2005, 07:58 AM
Dominant Buck

Taste test is the only way to tell for sure. They might be wild raisens au jus.
Old 10-19-2005, 08:04 AM

I have watched many a buck drop a cookie right in front of me and it almost always is regular roundish pellets,or puckies as I like to callem.

My experience with the clumped together mass,especially if it is alot of plies close by is you have stumbled upon a bedding area. This clumping will result after the deer has been bedded down awhile. Doe and buck will look this way.

Could be why you have not seen a deer yet. Back off that area a bit and get outta his bedroom...
Old 10-19-2005, 09:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Oh my god ! The things people wonder about on here. I guess maybe he doesn't have anyhting better to do. Taste test now that is hillarious. Smells like deer poop, looks like deer poop, tastes like deer poop, must be deer poop.
Old 10-19-2005, 10:52 AM

I thought it was a legitimate question. You would be surprised how manyhunters I have been with in the woods who when seeinga clumped up pile like that swear it is from a buck. Never will convince them other wise.

These same hunters with years under their belts will also say wow look at that big buck scrape,and they are pointing at a horning on a tree. Go figure....
Old 10-19-2005, 10:54 AM

ORIGINAL: pocomoke

These same hunters with years under their belts will also say wow look at that big buck scrape,and they are pointing at a horning on a tree. Go figure....
If I had a nickel.......
Old 10-19-2005, 11:09 AM

ORIGINAL: iowabob85

Oh my god ! The things people wonder about on here. I guess maybe he doesn't have anyhting better to do. Taste test now that is hillarious. Smells like deer poop, looks like deer poop, tastes like deer poop, must be deer poop.
Down here in Texas that iscalled theaggie test.

Old 10-19-2005, 11:11 AM

ORIGINAL: pocomoke

I thought it was a legitimate question. You would be surprised how manyhunters I have been with in the woods who when seeinga clumped up pile like that swear it is from a buck. Never will convince them other wise.

I have had some good discussions over that one.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:45 AM

You could use it like a camo stick and scent cover all at once, just smear it all over you face and hands. Now, your camo'ed and smell reeeeeal good.

R
Hank
Old 10-19-2005, 12:37 PM

ORIGINAL: WThunter

ORIGINAL: iowabob85

Down here in Texas that iscalled theaggie test.

Up here in Arkansas it is called the Texan test.

Quick Reply: Question about poop...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.