Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 info on trail cam? >

info on trail cam?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

info on trail cam?

Old 10-18-2005, 10:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default info on trail cam?

do u think that its a good idea to have one? is it worth it? and is there one that is digital that can hook up to my laptop that is affordable for a college student. most of my money goes to the darn school[:'(]

thnks.
Old 10-19-2005, 02:30 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: info on trail cam?

In a lot of ways you get what you pay for. The more you pay the better the camera.
But there are a few lower dollar ones that I have heard are fairly good. I think it was the moultrie digital that was suppose to be OK for under $100.00.
I have some of the homebrew ones that I really like, but they are around $300.00.
Good luck.
Old 10-19-2005, 04:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

DO NOT buy a digital Stealth Cam. Myself, my buddy and some others I know wasted money on these. The only kind I would ever buy after experiencing the whole gambit of apoor product to even worse customer suppot, would be Cuddeback or a Sony.
Old 10-19-2005, 06:05 AM

I made my own for around $200 w/ a Sony digital camera. Works great and get alot of pictures per battery life. Also have a Non-Typical 35mm that works good but the picture developing thing sucks.
Old 10-19-2005, 06:07 AM

Also forgot to mention I had a Stealth Cam digital and Diesel is right they suck! That is when I made my own.
Old 10-19-2005, 06:59 AM
Typical Buck

i think the moultrie takes good pics for $100 buck here is one of them
and i have no complaints yet

Old 10-19-2005, 07:01 AM
Typical Buck

I also like my chepo moultry from Walmart for 98.00 bucks.

Old 10-19-2005, 09:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I also have a couple of the cheap Moultrie ones, 35mm and they take very nice pics. Next year I am goint to upgrade to a digital, Cuddeback most likely, but for the price, I am very happy with the Moultrie.
Old 10-19-2005, 07:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

alright thnks. i just think that it would be so nice for me to have one. especially since im at school and a ways from home so when i go home everyweekend i can run out to my stand with my laptop and check to see what has been around. then see if its worth siting there. ill prob go with the moultry since its in my price range. what was wrong or what did u have problems with the stealth cam?
Old 10-19-2005, 07:52 PM

I just bought a moultrie digital and can't figure it out yet it won't stop taking pictures fills the memory everytime I turn it on.

Quick Reply: info on trail cam?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.