Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Doe in estrus this early? >

Doe in estrus this early?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Doe in estrus this early?

Old 10-19-2005, 09:24 AM

Default RE: Doe in estrus this early?

Here in east Texas I saw a nice buck chasing a doe all over the field under the moonlit night Monday night. Must have been the romantic view. The moon was full and the temp was about 78 degrees the time was 10:00 pm. I was using my spotlight and binoculars. Didn't bother them a bit. But after I saw it was a good buckI put the light away. It actually was bright enough that I was able to see them without the light.
Old 10-19-2005, 12:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Doe in estrus this early?

Where at in Central Wi. I hunt south of Neillsville. Had great activity lastnight as well. The bucks are really in a good heavey pre rut, dont ya think?

ORIGINAL: TimmyT0205

Things are definitly picking up, at least in central wisconsin. Last night i watched 2 bucks fight for about 5 minutes, then i grunted them both in to under 10 yards. Also, a few nights ago i put out some estrus and another buck came in quick.