Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
must read anti deer hunting article! wow! unreal! >

must read anti deer hunting article! wow! unreal!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

must read anti deer hunting article! wow! unreal!

Old 10-09-2002, 09:13 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: must read anti deer hunting article! wow! unreal!

yeah
Old 10-10-2002, 06:32 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
When bows and arrows are used, almost half the deer hit are not killed. They &quot;escape&quot; to die of crippling wounds and painful infections over a number of weeks.
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>
Jesus..how can anyone call this comment educated and well informed, &quot;inflamatory&quot; is what I'd call it. Some of her points were valid but she sure took some liberties and stretched the truth to anger the uninformed.

GunsnBowses is 100% right. We had better not get lazy. The antis are working very hard to shut us down...

Good Luck All....Fletch
Old 10-10-2002, 07:04 AM

All I can say is we better watch what we write on this board. I can't rememer who it was who said that if he spots a deer at 60 yards and has got a tag left he would have a go regardless but things like that are what will turn the neutrals against us. North Carolina has a law against harassment also.

X-Pat Brit Livin the good life in NC
Old 10-10-2002, 07:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Fletch, I agree that some of her statements were borderline ridiculous to you and I, but when a person comes off as well spoken and states several facts, as she has, that person can make statements with biases and her well written nature and previous facts lend credence to the biased comments to those that don't know the facts. If all we can offer is, &quot;what a granola eating idiot&quot; (which I feel isn't all that far from the truth) our argument seems trite and we are the ones looking uneducated. We need to arm ourselves with facts and statistics just as the antis have. To sway neutral people to believe hunting is not only a necessity but a good thing we have to break down the stigma of hunters being back woods hicks with no teeth and a 4th grade education.
Old 10-10-2002, 08:48 AM

I couldn't agree more with gunsnbowses - these groups are smart, determined, and in many cases well funded. It would not surprise me to see anti groups begin to lease land from farmers.

Everytime year that we hunt on private land that is owned by someone else we need to remind the owner of the benefits of allowing us to hunt there.
Old 10-10-2002, 12:11 PM

Ya'll northern boys better be careful, all those tree huggin liberals up there are gonna get ya'll one day. Luckily for me, Mississippi is covered up in conservatives that love to hunt. Our congressmen and women hunt, our senators hunt, our judges hunt, and so on. I can assure you that hunting will NEVER be banned downed here. If you thought slavery caused a war, just try to take our guns!!

Hunt the thickets