Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bad day for my G-pa >

Bad day for my G-pa

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bad day for my G-pa

Old 10-18-2005, 03:00 PM

Default Bad day for my G-pa

My grandpa went hunting yesterday with his OLD Bear Polar II that he shoots fingers with. He missed 5 does and after my uncle gave him a hard time about it, I think we might have talked him into gettin a newer bow. It will probably be a used High Country at a local shop.
Old 10-18-2005, 03:03 PM
Spike

Default RE: Bad day for my G-pa

sorry....to be honest....I dont know why it is so funny.....I just cant quit laughing
Old 10-18-2005, 03:52 PM

Oh yea, I forgot to mention, he shot at the last one while stradleing the tree on the way down to look for the 3 arrows he lost!

Gastler, dont worry about it, I could nt stop laughing. we didnt think he was serious till he brought out his bow with an empty quiver!!!
Old 10-18-2005, 04:04 PM

LOL.....been there, done that.
Old 10-18-2005, 04:29 PM
Dominant Buck

My grandpa went hunting yesterday with his OLD Bear Polar II that he shoots fingers with. He missed 5 does
I promise you... it ain't the bow. You don't miss 5 does in a row if you can shoot and your equipment is half tuned. Tell him to give the sport up or practice. I don't really find much funny about it. Gives bowhunters a bad rap.
Old 10-18-2005, 04:54 PM
Spike

Yea what he said (I don't really find much funny about it. Gives bowhunters a bad rap.) chill out there if we didnt have anything to laugh at the world would be boring ,remarks like that seem to give a bad name to society....i thought it was funny,been there... thats why we practice.to get better but not everybody is the perfect hunter out of the gate like some,,,gramps just needs work...No disrespect davidmil or grandpa.............
Old 10-18-2005, 06:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm a thinkin that maybe granpapa needs to get the old eyes checked!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't think I have missed five deer in my life. That includes shotgun hunting. Well I hope the new bow helps him out, heck if nothing else maybe you should shoot his deer for him LOL.