Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Mock Scrape Action w/ Pics >

Mock Scrape Action w/ Pics

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Mock Scrape Action w/ Pics

Old 10-24-2005, 10:33 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Mock Scrape Action w/ Pics

ORIGINAL: livetoplay804

Those are obviously very good pics. Needs to be an advertisement for Wildlife Research. Question, how are you getting so many good quality pics on your post all under 100kb? Special software. I use Paint Shop and Photoshop and I cannot get them compressed like you do.

Please let me know!
Sincerely,
Chris
I'm using Photobucket.com to post my pictures, and it automatically resizes them so they fit pretty well in the forums.

FOr the record, I have no affiliation with any hunting company, but I like that idea of an ad for Wildlife Research...maybe I will have to contact them, see if they're interested.

Also, these deer are all on NON-FENCED property, surrounded by heavily hunted public land. If I can get these results at a mock scrape, ANYONE can.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:22 AM

Thanks for the response on the type of camera you are using. I'm going to look into that. I have a Digital Stealth, and couldn't possibly be MORE unhappy with it.

With those pics you have, I went and picked up a Dripper, and Active Scrape thing last night. Going tonight to put it out. Tell the boys at Wildlife that your post already brought in 1 customer.

Good luck getting one of those brutes!
Old 10-24-2005, 11:34 AM
Spike

I'm surprised your getting such good results with active scrape this early. It's a combination of buck and doe in heat scents. Like Pat Curtis, I also would have stuck with a straight buck scent for now and would only add the doe in heat type scents when things heat up in November.
Old 10-24-2005, 01:19 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Cannonball

any updated pics yet? Those are some awsome pics with great bucks!

Updated today with about 6 new pics.

Old 10-24-2005, 01:22 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: HuntmDown

I'm surprised your getting such good results with active scrape this early. It's a combination of buck and doe in heat scents. Like Pat Curtis, I also would have stuck with a straight buck scent for now and would only add the doe in heat type scents when things heat up in November.
I've been very happy with the reaction by the deer to "Active Scrape".

I made a mock scrape on Saturday at Noon, and at 4pm a spike buck came right in and peed in the scrape, while I sat in my stand 15 yards away. It was real cool to see him do that...too bad he wasn't a shooter.

Where I hunt in NW Wisconsin, the bucks began chasing about 10 days ago, and the last 4-5 days, the bucks are starting to chase the does really hard. But thus far, the does are not coming in season, so the bucks chase the does for 200-300 yards, and then move on.
Old 11-01-2005, 09:20 AM

Very nice pics, I'm going to be doing this hopefully this weekend.
Old 11-01-2005, 09:37 AM

That's awesome to see all those bucks interact with that scrape. Thanks for sharing!!
Old 11-01-2005, 08:20 PM
Typical Buck

great pictures
Old 11-02-2005, 02:20 PM
Fork Horn

Updated today with more bucks on the mock scrape.

10/24/05

10/25/05

10/26/05

10/27/05

10/29/05

after that, the camera started acting up, and I kept getting a lot of photos of nothing. There were plenty of tracks in the scrape, but just no more pics.

However, we had a strong rainstorm on Sunday 10/30/05 and I noticed very little action on the scrape over the next few days

Old 11-02-2005, 03:55 PM
Typical Buck

pretty cool...if u get the big one..that'd be kool to have a before and after shot

Quick Reply: Mock Scrape Action w/ Pics

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.