Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Mock Scrape Action w/ Pics >

Mock Scrape Action w/ Pics

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Mock Scrape Action w/ Pics

Old 10-21-2005, 01:37 PM

Default RE: Mock Scrape Action w/ Pics

Did you use active scrape doe in heat scent or what? Thanks.
Old 10-21-2005, 01:47 PM
Typical Buck

Really nice pics. Good luck with that nice buck.
Old 10-21-2005, 10:32 PM

That is sweet, looks like youve got a dandy visiting it in daylight hours too!

I bought two that Im going to setup this weekend and maybe get the trail cam on one of them. The one of them came with Active scrape scent and says to fill it no more then 1 1/4 OZ full. How do you know when to stop so you dont go over this mark? I noticed the Scrape bottle is 4 OZ itself.
Old 10-22-2005, 06:27 AM

any updated pics yet? Those are some awsome pics with great bucks!
Old 10-22-2005, 11:24 AM

Cornfed,

Plastic shot glasses work wonderful to measure one ounce. Just make sure you have the ONE ounce glass. I have seen some that are 1.5 and 3.0 also. Here is a link to show you what I mean. The ones in the link are 1.5 oz glasses but have a 1.0 oz fill line.I know for a fact you can find them cheaper than this though.

http://cgi.ebay.com/300-1-5-ounce-plastic-shot-glass-1-oz-fill-line_W0QQitemZ7555112368QQcategoryZ11875QQssPageNa meZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Old 10-22-2005, 05:19 PM
Fork Horn

Those are awesome pictures!
Old 10-22-2005, 05:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice pics....good luck getting that buck!
Old 10-22-2005, 08:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great pics!

I use dominate buck scent on my early mock scrapes. It appears the local bucks get upset a new buck is on their land..so they take over that scrape..then add a few of their own VERY close to that one.

Early November, I switch to an estrous scent...then use my estrous waffers on the tree's around my stand. Works like magic.

I have never made a mock scrape that had no action in it. They work wonders!
Old 10-22-2005, 09:20 PM
Typical Buck

man that is amazing...can someone take me through a step by step way to do that. i would like to try it here and see if it works. i will pick up a few of those drippers in the morning. i had one and left it in the woods a while back
Old 10-23-2005, 09:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Where rubber boots and gloves (even though I've had great results w/o the gloves...but I always where rubber boots).

Grab a stick and make a round'ish clearing on the ground..under a low hanging branch (I like the branch to be from middle chest level to just above my head. I've even used my rubber boots to kick away leaves, branches..and roots in the scrape.

Use one of the many attractants out there. "Active Scrape" gets good results..and you can even get a bottle in the same package as the "Dripper Bag" in most stores. Personally, I don't use the bag..or Active Scrape too often. I just refreshen the scrape every time I go out hunting...and even spray the scent around the scrape too. I've used "Lickin' Stick" gel on the "licking branch" above the scrape...doesn't seem to add to the results any.

Just keep the scrape free of debris..and you're all set. Heck, I know a guy who whips it out and pisses on mock scrapes instead of buying scents...and he gets results as well.

Quick Reply: Mock Scrape Action w/ Pics

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.