Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 snagged 2 guys using my stands today,and im the jerk???? >

snagged 2 guys using my stands today,and im the jerk????

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

snagged 2 guys using my stands today,and im the jerk????

Old 10-19-2005, 08:16 PM

Default RE: snagged 2 guys using my stands today,and im the jerk????

wow....the slashing of the tires is probably a little overboard...maybe just a friendly remind that the DNR is only one phone call away would work? [8D]
Old 10-19-2005, 08:18 PM

-If he had the permission to hunt there and you didn't then I don't blame him at all. You would be the trespasser.

-If it were public land here in KY you have to pull your stands everyday so if someone left them out there then they would be free game for anyone to use.

Old 10-19-2005, 08:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know where you are coming from. Last weekend, I went to one of my stands on private property and the ladder tie down straps were unhitched and then placed back so they would look like they were hooked up with a quick glance. My stand's safety pin was pulled out of the slot and the strap there was loosened andmy gear pull rope was cut. I didn't get a chance to chew *$$ though.

As for the kid, a little hard on him I think. He didn't know better. Dad should have gotten full throttle for both and the boy's apology accepted. But I know how things can get when you get site jumpers.
Old 10-20-2005, 08:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: AF Hunter

I know where you are coming from. Last weekend, I went to one of my stands on private property and the ladder tie down straps were unhitched and then placed back so they would look like they were hooked up with a quick glance. My stand's safety pin was pulled out of the slot and the strap there was loosened andmy gear pull rope was cut. I didn't get a chance to chew *$$ though.

As for the kid, a little hard on him I think. He didn't know better. Dad should have gotten full throttle for both and the boy's apology accepted. But I know how things can get when you get site jumpers.
Sounds like attempted murder to me, I'd call the authorities.
Old 10-21-2005, 06:46 AM

Unreal, however, this can and will happen to about anyone. Just a shame that we even have to read about this type of thing. I will be harsh and say it was even a shame how you dealt with that kid....... Defuse situation's like this, don't add fuel to the fire. I know it's easy for me to say, because like you I would be very upset to have this happen to me. Just bother's me how you dealt with the kid.....