Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Damn feet

Old 10-17-2005, 04:14 PM

Default RE: Damn feet

I hear ya treeclimber..that expression is around my neck of the woods.

Arthur P: Well, I dont have a neck warmer. Might have to invest in one.

Old 10-17-2005, 04:37 PM

I hear you! I have terrible circulation as well and my feet get cold first. Arthur P made a very good point. Keep your head and neck warm. What happens is your body is restricting blood flow from your feet because it is increasing blood flow to your more important body parts- organs etc. It's your bodys natural way of "saving itself" by first eliminating the most unecessary parts. By keeping the rest of your body as warm as possible, your keeping an ample amount of circulation to your feet. I also love foot warmers! Small price to pay for an enjoyable hunt.
Old 10-17-2005, 05:13 PM

Where wool socks!When they get wet they retain their heat.
Look at how much wool is in the sock.It can say wool with only 20% of the sock having wool in it.
I wear nothing less than 70% wool.
Buy boots a size bigger,so you can layer your socks.
Never use cotton socks!
Old 10-21-2005, 07:44 AM

Interesting comments about keeping your head and neck warm in order to keep the remainder of your body warm. For as long as I can remember when ever I saw a picture of Chuck Adams he always had a skull cap (or what ever you call them) on his head. Wonder if the above concept is why?
Old 10-21-2005, 10:49 AM
Spike

ORIGINAL: TROPHY SEEKER

Arthur P made a very good point. Keep your head and neck warm. What happens is your body is restricting blood flow from your feet because it is increasing blood flow to your more important body parts- organs etc. It's your bodys natural way of "saving itself" by first eliminating the most unecessary parts. By keeping the rest of your body as warm as possible, your keeping an ample amount of circulation to your feet.
- very true! My dad always told me, 'If your feet are cold, put a hat on!' Also, wear wool socks not those synthetic ones.Your boots should be loose enough to keep air around your foot. If you feel your feet sweat a lot, you could try foot odor blocker from biowild. It's a spray that significantly reduces that amount your feet sweat which would help keep you warmer. If you've frozen your feet in the past, your body will have a greater tendency to cut off their circulation when you get cold. I'm not sure what you can do about that, but it's a fact.
Old 10-21-2005, 10:57 AM

Get a pair of those battery powered sock warmers. I've never had good luck with those hand or feet warmers. Cabela's sells Polar Tech socks, I don't have them, but I do wear the Cabela's Polar Tech bib and moch Turtle neck zip up. They are by far the warmest long johns I have ever worn. I don't really have an issue with my feet, but I imagine those socks would be good on stand.