Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Rubs and Scrapes? >

Rubs and Scrapes?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rubs and Scrapes?

Old 10-18-2005, 06:19 PM

Default Rubs and Scrapes?

I found a 75 yard stretch of trees in my oak grove. It went scrape, rub, scrape, rub etc. This buck walked down the trail and hit every tree for 75 yards. Trees were the size of a tennis ball to a mini basketball. Am I right thinking a line like this is signpost? I put a cam out for 3 days but only got does walking the trail so I left it out there. Any guesses or input? Would you hunt here there hard or just stay in the normal routine?
Old 10-18-2005, 07:03 PM

Default RE: Rubs and Scrapes?

Are you kidding me? Many rubs the size of tennis balls to mini-basketballs would cause me to loose sleep! Rubs this size are, without a doubt, from something very, very intriguing. Did he shred the trees pretty good or were they just tinkered with?I don't know what state your from but in most areas the pre-rut hasn't even started yetwhich means this is probably his home turf. He isn't a roaming buck from miles away never to be seen again. Be very careful and place a stand somewhere in the area or I will! I have been having luck rattling, maybe give that a try. Keep the trail cam out as well.
Old 10-18-2005, 08:14 PM

These rubs and scrapes have had some serious time spent on them. I have a wooden stand 70 yards from there and don't own any latch ons. I might have to buy one though. FYI there has been 11 deer killed out of this wooden stand on the 10 acre oak grove(over 2 and piece years. SO maybe I will just stick with ole faithful for 1 more year
Old 10-18-2005, 08:21 PM
Fork Horn

Are you sure no one is "messing with ya". I hope not, and I hope you see him. BIG BUCK!