HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Fawn still with spots?? pic (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/116444-fawn-still-spots-pic.html)

Diesel77 10-12-2005 06:55 AM

Fawn still with spots?? pic

Anyone still seeing fawns with spots still this late in the season?? I know the second rut/estrus comes in sometime later normally around Decemeber around MD but I thought they would have been well past this stage by now being even if they were concieved during the second estrus, that would be 10 months ago. Ive been seeing lots of fawns still with spots. This pic was taken last night and this little dude couldnt have weighed more than 20 or 25 lbs, this one and its twin were barely up to mommys belly.Just curious.

Rich Baker 10-12-2005 06:57 AM

RE: Fawn still with spots?? pic

Heck, thats a eater Ida smoked it !!LOL. Tender

LA_SWAMPER 10-12-2005 06:57 AM

Thats a cool pic. I know Im a long way from you but yeah Im still seeing fawns with spots and like you said some of which are still around the 20 lb mark.

Champlain Islander 10-12-2005 07:00 AM

Must have been a real late breeding. Up here where we get lots of snow the late dropped fawns sometimes don't make it through their first winter.

Rich Baker 10-12-2005 07:02 AM

ORIGINAL: Champlain Islander

Must have been a real late breeding. Up here where we get lots of snow the late dropped fawns sometimes don't make it through their first winter.
Thats my point hehehehhLOL she's a eater

AppleOnMyHead 10-12-2005 07:02 AM

Spots = Something to aim at J/K

B Myers 10-12-2005 07:05 AM

makes it easy to settle the pin on the side don't it...

pick a spot...and spot.... :D

B.

SparrowHawk 10-12-2005 11:05 AM

I don't know about a Fawn... But yearlings are yummy... I just ate the tenderloins off my doe last night and now i wish i had more she weighed about 115

Rich Baker 10-12-2005 11:35 AM

Heck, Id cook it whole in a pit. wrapped in wet burlap over coals MMMMMMMMMM

bowhuntr09 10-12-2005 03:32 PM

I had 3 fawns all with spots come by me last Saturday. They were all 3 together and the momma doe never did show up. I imagine she fell victim to another hunters arrow or possibly a car. The fawns seemed to be doing fine on their own. I was joking with my buddy that I could have taken two of them with one arrow. Two of the little guys stood shoulder to shoulder for about a minute and it would have been so easy to send an arrow through both at once but I only thought about it, I wouldn't really do it. It would have made an interesting story though.