Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 how many people quite >

how many people quite

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

how many people quite

Old 10-11-2005, 09:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: how many people quite

I've always hunted with a muzzleloader in the past,and this is my first season bowhunting. I took it up mainly because I wanted to have a longer season to hunt because of my very busy schedule (work full time, part time college and a 8 month old baby at home eat up a lot of time). I also really enjoy archery. But now that I've been out a couple times I've found that I really like bowhunting compared to muzzleloading.It's also the first time I've hunted from a treestand, which I also really like a lot. However, I don't think that I'll completely give up muzzleloading, and if I lived out west and were hunting elk or mulies, I'd probablyuse a rifle. I have no intentionwhatsoever ofhunting with a shotgun duringIowa's shotgun season.Too manyyahooswiththe mentality that if it moves,shoot it.No thanks.

Mike

Old 10-11-2005, 09:45 PM
Site Bouncer

I still gun hunt and allways will. I enjoy it too much to give it up. Infact I enjoy all types of hunting. They are all unique in their own ways.

I have done both and still to this day will tell you that hitting a 3in circle at 300yds with any rifle/scope combination is much tougher than hitting a 3in circle at 30yds with a bow.

200yds and in with any rifle or slug gun is a no brainer and this falls into my Illinois slug gun season. But smaller game out to 300yds and beyond is just as exhilerating as an up close and personal shot with my bow.
Old 10-11-2005, 09:48 PM

haven't quit rifle hunting yet... but thats definately where I'm heading!!
Old 10-11-2005, 09:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I haven't pulled the trigger on a rifle in over 3 years. Now shotguns on the other hand, well... I did kill about 150 doves before bow season opened. And I might get in a few waterfowl and quail hunts.
Old 10-11-2005, 09:54 PM
Dominant Buck

I have no idea where my slugs are for my shotgun. My rifle shells I thnk I could find. My bow is in my truck! Bow only is the way to go.
Old 10-11-2005, 09:58 PM

Never! I will never give up hunting and target shooting with my firearms however, I prefer to hunt deer with my bow. I started hunting with my bows because I like hunting without seeing other hunters surrounding me. It has definately become some of my favorite hunting but I will continue to use and compete in competitionswith my firearms.
Old 10-11-2005, 09:59 PM

i dont think i will ever give up gun hunting because i enjoy all types of hunting. however bow hunting is much more fun than gun because it is more challenging and the woods arent crawling with hunters. but the best part of gun hunting is being with the guys and getting stupid all weekend. usually if i get a deer with a gun it is an added bonus. bow hunting is by far better than gun.
im not trying to knock anybody but i dont think i would ever hunt with a rifle. its just not as challenging. IN MY Opinion. (except varmints)
Old 10-11-2005, 10:03 PM
Typical Buck

With the exception of a short five year period I have been an exclusive bowhunter a total of 43 years. Gun hunting could never match up to the excitement or challenge of bowhunting.
Old 10-11-2005, 10:08 PM

There are just too many people in the woods during gun season. I like the archery season because you feel like your "out there" because you don't see many people.
Old 10-11-2005, 10:48 PM
Fork Horn

I gave it up for awhile and then I started hunting with a T/C contender pistol and also a muzzleloader during the normal rifle season to make it more of a challengetokeep me out in the woods. I just love being out there and enjoying everything the Good Lord gave us!!!

Quick Reply: how many people quite

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.