Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 how many people quite >

how many people quite

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

how many people quite

Old 10-11-2005, 08:06 PM

Default RE: how many people quite

Never have gun hunted big game. I started bow hunting at 13 and have done it since. Guns are for feathered animals for me
Old 10-11-2005, 08:14 PM
Fork Horn

I'll be 16 in 28 days and I gave up gun hunting as soon as i shot my first doe with a bow last year. Gun huntin is too easy.(or it is compared to bowhunting, nothing like a challenge)
Old 10-11-2005, 08:19 PM

I agree with Patriot15, I am on my way to giving it up all together. I like doing the traditional gun whitetail season but that is about it.
Old 10-11-2005, 08:20 PM

I have given up gun hunting totally.I am trying for Geese this year with my bow.I know my first one will be mounted with the rest of my trophy's.Most of my friends and others look at me like I am crazy because I want to hunt them with my Bow.I do not think I am ready for duck yet.but I might give it a shot or two when I am out there.
Old 10-11-2005, 08:34 PM
Fork Horn

i use bow,shotgun,and muzzleloader. the satisfaction for me is knowing i out thought that deer in my success. no matter what i used to harvest.
Old 10-11-2005, 08:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll probably never quit gun hunting because I still enjoy it. Bow hunting is my favorite by far but I just enjoy deer hunting altogether. If they'd bring in a spear season on them, I'd probably do that too. As far as a challenge goes, early bow season isn't as much of a challenge to me as the second week of gun season or muzzleloader season. They're so wild by then it's tough to get within 100 yards of a deer. I might also add that I learned more about deer hunting with a bow that I ever could with a gun. A bow teaches patience which is vital to successful deer hunting. Good luck to everyone this year.
Old 10-11-2005, 08:36 PM

we've established a bow and shotgun only rule for hunting on our land. lol
Old 10-11-2005, 09:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

I didn't give up gun hunting. I was taken out of it. Some swine broke into my house about 25 years agoand stole all my guns. I never replaced them. Got a shotgun for bird hunting and that's it. Sometimes I miss my rifles... but not often.
Old 10-11-2005, 09:06 PM

I still hunt gun season because since my father and grandfather do not hunt archery it is one of the few times each year I get to go hunting with them. My grandfather is 78 so I know that there will come a day when I will no longer have this opportunity so I enjoy it now. So if not for my dad and grandfather I would probably hunt bow only.
Old 10-11-2005, 09:13 PM
Typical Buck

I remember when I first started gun hunting when I was 10. I would never get any sleep the night before the opener. Since I started bow hunting I've lost all desire to gun hunt for deer. I never get excited, even though there is still that chance to tag a monster. I still gun hunt, mostly b/c of "pier" pressure from family but I'd much rather bow hunt. It's funny, the past couple of years I can never sleep before the bow opener!

Quick Reply: how many people quite

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.