Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 u hunters with feild tipped quivers >

u hunters with feild tipped quivers

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

u hunters with feild tipped quivers

Old 10-11-2005, 02:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default u hunters with feild tipped quivers

ik some people bring a feild point in there quiver or junk arrow.. what if uve got 3 total arrows miss 2 would u use your field pnt if you had 2
Old 10-11-2005, 02:36 PM

Default RE: u hunters with feild tipped quivers

No way, it would be to hard to kill a deer with a field point, and it would also be a slow painfull death. I carry afield point just for squirrels
Old 10-11-2005, 02:38 PM

Absolutely not. If I miss twiceI would think twice before shooting again even with a brodhead. You have a responsibility to be proficient with your equipment.
Old 10-11-2005, 02:41 PM
Typical Buck

umm i dont know. personally i carry a junk arrow that has a broadhead on it but if i was down to my last arrow and i had to finish one off i'd definitly shoot. not the most ethical thing to do but in the heat of the action i probably would.
Old 10-11-2005, 02:41 PM

By all means no. You have a hard time as it is to find a deer shot with a broadhead much less a field point. I would never even consider doing that. Mine are there for coons and dillars.
Old 10-11-2005, 02:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Not even for small game. I've got blunts to take care of those guys. Besides, if I missed with 2 broadheads, I'd really start questioning if I really should even attempt another shot on a deer that day.

Old 10-11-2005, 03:03 PM
Typical Buck

Not me, ever. I used to carry a field tipped arrow or two for squirrels or just to check my zero in the field but dont even do that anymore. I know a guy who got a suprise shot on the ground. He stumbled on an unaware deer & nocked an arrow, drew & shot. Nice hit, broadside right behind the shoulder. We looked for that deer for hours & only by luck we found it 1/4 mile away wth a pencil hole thru both lungs. If I'm hunting the only thing I bring now is broadheads, aint there to play games.
Old 10-11-2005, 03:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

I know a guy who got a suprise shot on the ground. He stumbled on an unaware deer & nocked an arrow, drew & shot. Nice hit, broadside right behind the shoulder.
That sounds like a trick I pulled once, only instead of a field point I had a rubber blunt on the arrow.[&:]
Old 10-11-2005, 03:08 PM

What Arthur said.
Old 10-11-2005, 03:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I carry an extra arrow tipped with a used broadhead for taking a practice shot at a spot on the ground just before getting down from a morning hunt.. I would never, ever consider using it for taking a shot on a deer. In fact, when I shot a doe earlier this year and spined it, it required a second arrow to finish it. I used one of my shaving shrap broadheads for that job. I would never want to inflict unnecessary pain on a deer.

Quick Reply: u hunters with feild tipped quivers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.