Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Virginia Hunters Sign In Please >

Virginia Hunters Sign In Please

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Virginia Hunters Sign In Please

Old 10-31-2005, 02:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Virginia Hunters Sign In Please

I have a family farm in Lawernceville, about 15 minutes west of Emporia. I'm going there in two weeks.
Old 10-31-2005, 02:45 PM

What's up Virginians! I was going to go out this evening but decided to let them repopulate my area. Remember about the time change before going out, this can really mess with your planned hunt. They should let use vote on the time change after all it is OUR internal clocks. I heard next year it will be moved into november. Anyways good luck and post some more pics!

Big Buck Dave
Old 10-31-2005, 03:25 PM
Fork Horn

Portsmouth here! Lived here all my life, all thirty years that is!
Old 10-31-2005, 04:31 PM

Nokesville, right outside Manassas..hunt Quantico 99% of the time.

vashadowhunter
Old 10-31-2005, 04:53 PM

I've harvested a couple nice ones from Quantico. It's hard to evening hunt it though with the time restrictions and all. You should talk to some locals about hunting right in Nokesville it's about 5 minutes from whereI hunt in Catlett. I'm the only one with permission to hunt here though. It's been kind of a 15 year struggle to finally get a good spot to hunt so I'm not doing anything to jeopardize it.

Old 10-31-2005, 05:05 PM

I here ya Dave...hard to get hunting land. I have killed the majority of my deer from Quantico over the last 5 years...that place is a god send for me. That is the only place I really hunt. I have a farmer across the road from me that I could ask, but I kind of enjoy the challenge of Quantico, beautiful land. I am taking off the next two days to really key in on two bucks I have targetted this year on Quantico.

vashadowhunter
Old 10-31-2005, 05:15 PM

Are they allowing crossbows? There's some really good bow only areas too. I don't want to talk about it to much though. A couple of my freinds freaked out just because there was an article about Quantico in some magazine. Good luck, you'll get him.
Old 10-31-2005, 05:27 PM

Yes they allow crossbows, I just have no interest. Dave, I hear you about wanting to keep people off good areas. The fact is that Virginia Game and Fish runs at least 1-2 articles on all the major military bases that are open to hunting every year, Quantico is mentioned every time. Fact is, alot of hunters dont want to bother with the check in procedures at Quantico and I for one like it becauase it keeps people out. Another fact is that most hunters dont like to go in more than 200-300 yards to hunt, and that leaves alot of places unspoiled regardless of the amount of people that hunt the place. I love the place.

vashadowhunter
Old 10-31-2005, 05:42 PM

Herndon here...in Fairfax County. Hunt mainly in Fauquier and Warren County.
Old 10-31-2005, 05:56 PM
Typical Buck

winchester frederick county. it's been good to me here since moving from california three seasons ago. I am originally from bucks co. pa. like the hunting here better. I've killed 16 so far. four this year in bow. hope to add more before bow leaves us.

Quick Reply: Virginia Hunters Sign In Please

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.