HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Virginia Hunters Sign In Please (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/116318-virginia-hunters-sign-please.html)

Legacy357 10-31-2005 10:45 AM

RE: Virginia Hunters Sign In Please

fairfax....just moved here 2 months ago from pa

Slo-Pitch 10-31-2005 10:48 AM

Northumberland county Here.

Talondale 10-31-2005 10:48 AM

How do you like it compared to PA? A lot less hunters here. Of course Fairfax is not exactly rural.

Legacy357 10-31-2005 11:05 AM

i have a lot of places to hunt in pa...so right now pa. I hunt outside of Philly, Pittsburgh, State College, Altoonaand Honesdale Pa. I did all of my scouting in the summer up there so i knew where quite a few nice bucks lived. Now that i moved down here, i have only a few places to hunt but i did manage to get a doe last week and passed earlier in the season on 5 doe and big spike. Still looking for a nice buck down here: only seen a spike and 6 point

DoubleH 10-31-2005 11:11 AM

Arlington here, but I hunt mostly in Rapahannock County.

Talondale 10-31-2005 11:31 AM

ORIGINAL: Legacy357

i have a lot of places to hunt in pa...so right now pa. I hunt outside of Philly, Pittsburgh, State College, Altoonaand Honesdale Pa. I did all of my scouting in the summer up there so i knew where quite a few nice bucks lived. Now that i moved down here, i have only a few places to hunt but i didn't manage to get a doe last week and pasted earlier in the season on 5 doe and big spike. Still looking for a nice buck down here: only seen a spike and 6 point
You've seen the two big Fairfax bucks under the Monster VA buck thread right?

o2bebowhunting 10-31-2005 11:35 AM

talondale--the one on the left was killed in fauquier co.

Talondale 10-31-2005 11:43 AM

Oh, by this statement I thought he had shot it in Fairfax. Oops.

Also, there was like 5,000 car accidents in the small county of Fairfax,Va. Its mostly urban, bow only, back yard hunting. These are the counties were we really need to increases the deer harvest and if it helps get people in the woods I'm all for it!
Big Buck Dave

Legacy357 10-31-2005 11:49 AM

yea...def haven't seen anything like that yet........but if i get some better land then maybe. i take what i can get.......

RiverOtter 10-31-2005 12:53 PM

Live in Va Beach, hunt either at the hunt club in Emporia or up at Chickahominy WMA.