Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Want retirement and hunting land? >

Want retirement and hunting land?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Want retirement and hunting land?

Old 10-10-2005, 12:59 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Want retirement and hunting land?

ORIGINAL: Talondale

In in VA we have lots of people from up north (stinkin' Yankees ) who have retired and sold their homes up north and moving down here and buying bigger houses and lots of land at what they feel is a great deal (and driving up everyone elses housing costs to boot).
The reason why the yanks come down there to buy at a bargain is because everything is so high up here. After we kicked your butt in the Civil War all youConfederates flocked up here to be on the winning team and drove our prices through the roof. Whats good for the goose is good for the gander. Now don't get your knickers in an uproar all you fine southern folks. I was just making a small joke.
Old 10-10-2005, 02:15 PM

I just purchased a 5 year 2200 sq foot Log home on 60 acres for $185K in Northwest Tennessee. The house sits back off the road a 1/4 mile. Have 4 stands out and hunted the first one last weekend. As I sat up in my stand yeaterday, it really hit home. This is my place, my trees, my creek, instead of someone elses. My wife and kids are much happier than they were in the city. On the weekend I never leave the place, its my own piece of heaven on earth. It has taken some getting use to I sometimes still get up in the night and closetheblinds, then I realize no one is around me for a couple of miles. Sitting on the front porch in the morning drinking coffee and watchingthe wildlifeand my wife and kids riding their horses.........awesome. Every man needs to own his own land. It was my goal since I was a kid. Good luck on your newplace!!!!!
Old 10-10-2005, 02:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

This is interesting..I'm going to a land auction tonight at 6pm.. it is 74.75 acres. Undeveloped, unzoned. Nice hunting property in north eastern Ohio. 75% wooded with a few small fields and a stream, possible lake site.
I'll update tomorrow what it goes for.
Old 10-10-2005, 02:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Okay folks, attached is a picture of the land I got. The yellow lines are property lines, the blue lines are deer trails. Everything east of the timberline is clover and west of the timberline is soybeans and corn. The high ground is along the left border slightly below the north property line. The left border is also where the rural water line and electrical lines run.

Old 10-10-2005, 03:47 PM

Congrats AF. Cheap price to pay for eternal happiness.
Old 10-10-2005, 03:58 PM
Dominant Buck

I didn't notice where the morels are you lucky dog.
Old 10-10-2005, 04:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry, I camoflauged the morel areas so they would not show up on satellite photos. However, when I retire, I'd be more than happy to show the highest bidder my hunting area close to my present address. You want to start the bidding now?
Old 10-10-2005, 04:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

But they look something like this............

Old 10-11-2005, 12:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I know hunting where there is an abundance of deer is what most people look for in hunting land , but for me there's more to it than that.
When I go hunting the biggest enjoyment for me is being in nature and away from modern day life. I don't want to hear the neighbors dog barking or Mrs Jones hollering at the kids , or even cars buzzing down the highway.
The hunting land/cabin I'm looking for is in the middle of fricken nowhere and I wouldn't want it any other way.
Old 10-11-2005, 05:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Badatta2d

This is interesting..I'm going to a land auction tonight at 6pm.. it is 74.75 acres. Undeveloped, unzoned. Nice hunting property in north eastern Ohio. 75% wooded with a few small fields and a stream, possible lake site.
I'll update tomorrow what it goes for.
Well went to the sale. property is as stated above all mineral rights went with the property, 20 acres were tillable.
It sold without reserve to the highest bidder. That bidder paid $2950 per acre.

Quick Reply: Want retirement and hunting land?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.