HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Bowhuntin' with Tammy (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/116005-bowhuntin-tammy.html)

PABowhntr 10-08-2005 05:40 PM

Bowhuntin' with Tammy

I cringe to think of asking if anyone in the MidAtlantic states made it out today to bowhunt. The reason I cringe is because of the remnants of Tropical Depression(storm?) Tammy. It started raining here on Friday morning and has not stopped since. It has not even slowed down.

Being the idiot that I am though I just could not cope with the fact that I would miss a Saturday morning during archery season. I went out anyway with the pop up blind and the intentions of staying no more than a few hours. I did not really expect to see anything but just wanted to be out there.

Nothing really to report on that specifically but I did decide to drive through the gamelands this evening just to see what Tammy did to my stompin' grounds. I think we received somewhere between 3 and 5 inches of rain in the last 36 hours. Here are some shots of the area.....(give me a minute to upload them all)....

PABowhntr 10-08-2005 05:43 PM

RE: Bowhuntin' with Tammy

Some road conditions.

PABowhntr 10-08-2005 05:46 PM

Another bad road...

PABowhntr 10-08-2005 05:49 PM

Every small valley and/or gully had something like this emptying into the road.....

PABowhntr 10-08-2005 05:51 PM

Downed trees on many roads....

PABowhntr 10-08-2005 05:54 PM

Even the gamebirds were heading for high ground....;). You can see the white of the ringneck in the middle of the pic.

Anybody else venture to their hunting area today?

early in 10-08-2005 05:59 PM

I was an idiot today myself. I did'nt hunt this morning but I went in about 1:00 PM hoping the rain would'nt keep the deer from the White Oak acorns that are all over the ground below two huge trees. My hopes were dashed by this relentless rain. It's still pouring as I type this!It does'nt bother me because of how badly we need it. Next week should be much better weather wise. The acorns will still be there.:D

early in 10-08-2005 06:01 PM

Almost forgot, did'nt see a single deer!

PABowhntr 10-08-2005 06:04 PM

I was an idiot today myself.
If it is any consolation we weren't the only ones. On the drive through tonight I saw a Chevy Blazer parked off the side of the road so I started scanning the trees to see if I could seea treestand. It didn't take long to see the guy up in the climber with one of those port-o-roof umbrellas strapped to the tree above him. Talk about hardcore. ;)

HuntingEd 10-08-2005 07:06 PM

I considered bow hunting in the rain today. But instead i spent all morning duck hunting, being as today was the opening day in MD. Luckily we did get some good shooting in and killed a few. But it poured buckets and by the time i got home and somewhat dry, i had no desire to go bow hunting. I should mention that i am lucky enough to be able to hunt most every day of the week. so this isnt a lost day for me.