Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bowhuntin' with Tammy >

Bowhuntin' with Tammy

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowhuntin' with Tammy

Old 10-08-2005, 07:20 PM

Default RE: Bowhuntin' with Tammy

More idiots here.. Me and Rile1564 and another buddy of ours headed out. We got in at 530 and stayed in until 1030. The three of us saw a combined total of 6 squirrels. However.. This afternoon.. We were out again and they were moving starting around 4 until the hard rain stared again and then they went back under cover..

Rile1564 has a story.. you should all get a kick out of..
Old 10-08-2005, 07:40 PM

I learned my lesson many years ago that it is futile to hunt in tropical storms/nor'easters. Only a fool would have been out there today.

For the record, we've had 10.5" inches of rain as of 9:15 PM 10/8 (eastern Berks Co.). It started raining around noon on 10/7. The winds have been quite blusterly.
Old 10-08-2005, 07:52 PM
Typical Buck

Here are two more happyidots [8D]
I took my son out this afternoon for a few hours. He saw a doe, i did not see anything.
We actually had a great laugh when we got in this evening about being the out in this mess.
It is a memory that will last us forever!
Old 10-08-2005, 08:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

I went out tonight Frank and the deer were moving all over. I saw a group of 4 buck and doe all over the place....
Old 10-08-2005, 08:10 PM
Typical Buck

watched the wx radar at work closely today and correctly predicted that the rain would stop by five pm. shot a doe about six ten. talk about right place, right time.
Old 10-08-2005, 08:14 PM

Well, according to this thread, I am either a 'hardcore' bowhunter or a 'fool'. Yeah, I was out there too in Montgomery county, Pa. I was in my stand by 1:00PM with the Port-o-Roof. I rode through the game lands before heading to my spot and NO ONE else was out. Guess that pretty much determines with of the above mentioned groups I belong in.
Although I didn't see a single deer, I did discover that my Danner Pronghorn boots leak and my rainsuit is suspect. Not sure if I was soaked due to rain or sweat. I don't care if it clouds up and craps, I'll be back out on Monday!!!!
Old 10-08-2005, 08:34 PM

As I said in a thread that I posted today, I was all set to drive out to my hunting ground last night but had a change of plans when I saw the weather report. I think I made the right choice based on everybody else's posts! [&:]
I'm heading out there tomorrow to do some scouting and to hang a stand or two... I can deal with some showers but the downpours are for the birds (ducks)!!!
Old 10-08-2005, 08:45 PM

good luck for the next!!!!
Old 10-08-2005, 09:18 PM

I learned my lesson yesterday. It was a steady rain so I decided to scout this new area since I was home for the weekend at my parent's house. I found plenty of rubs in this pine thicket. I decided to set my stand up near these and wait. About 45 minutes later it starts to downpour. Im like, "well this aint so bad" b/c I had my rainsuit. Come to find out my rainsuit pants had a foot long tear in them somehow. Long story short, saw some sign but no deer, and got soaked.
Old 10-08-2005, 09:22 PM

Headed out at 5:30, stayed till about 10:30. Light rain for awhile, but it quit by around nine. Good stalking weather. I covered about six miles altogether, but I'm still larnin',so I didn't see anything save for a few squirrels and some animal that I'm taking to be a coyote--didn't get a good look, but it was tawny, had a long tail, and was slinking off. It moved more like a cat than a dog, so I don't know. Also heard an eagle screaming.

Quick Reply: Bowhuntin' with Tammy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.