Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Golf vs. Hunting >

Golf vs. Hunting

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Golf vs. Hunting

Old 10-09-2005, 06:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Golf vs. Hunting

Personally, I encourage guys to take up golf at every opportunity, I don't golf myself butI understand that fall is an excellent time to play.
Old 10-09-2005, 08:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

I am passionate about both. Neither is easy or even comparable to the other. Except good range guestimation is crucial to both.
Old 10-09-2005, 08:54 AM

I've always thought golf and archery were pretty closely related. I always compare the two when explaining things to people. They require many of the same disciplines.

I think golf is MUCH harder myself. I became a pretty decent archer fairly fast. Golf is much harder to get good at. I mean I can play it, but not well. The hole is at a known distance from the tee, but most can't hit a ball that far. I can't come close! And I'm lucky if it stays in my fairway.

I don't use a golf cart either, I walk. I play a fairly small course though.

Paul
Old 10-09-2005, 11:45 AM

I think there both difficult. Just like any other sports the more you practice the better you are. I used to play golf at least 3 times a week, and I got pretty good at it. I live in city surrounded by golf courses, I have roughly 20 courses within a half hour drive, and live within 5 minutes of two more. If I had deer woods this close I probably would be a better hunter. So for me personally I would have to say hunting is harder.
Old 10-09-2005, 07:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

I would have expected NYB to come up with this one. Definitely some food for thought.
Old 10-09-2005, 08:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

funny post man, i enjoyed that
Old 10-10-2005, 07:57 AM

IMO the only thing golf courses are good for is hunting the deer that live on 'em. I don't play. I have just didn't enjoy it as much. Golf courses are so un-natural and man made...just not my bag.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:56 PM
Dominant Buck

There are always either 18, or sometimes 9, holes.
No No NO.... 9 holes is NOT golf. It's a kiddy game. Golf is ALWAYS 18 holes, unless you're playing for money or beer... then it can be any number.
Old 10-11-2005, 05:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

there's a bit more at stake with bowhunting. you miss a shot in golf, you get another and no big deal. you miss a shot with a bow, your done at best - you have a wounded deer at worst.I like both and there are some interesting similarities, but when it comes down to it they aredifferent at the core.
Old 10-11-2005, 05:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

I GAVE UP GOLF ..MADE ME CUSS TO MUCH

ROLL TIDE
DD

Quick Reply: Golf vs. Hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.