Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 scrapes,bedding,trails,?????? >

scrapes,bedding,trails,??????

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

scrapes,bedding,trails,??????

Old 10-09-2005, 07:16 PM

Default RE: scrapes,bedding,trails,??????

what do you mean by find a funnel?
Old 10-10-2005, 06:24 PM

anybody?
Old 10-10-2005, 07:41 PM

Im not too sure exactly what a funnel is but I think its a way a deer has to go because of the terrain. Or it may be a preferred way to travel. Other hunters, what exactly are they?
Old 10-10-2005, 11:10 PM

a funnel is an area where deer are drawn to natural or directed to use be it by a fallen tree , a wood line between 2 feilds , a drainage ditch . The term is pretty much a vgeneralization for a narrow travel route that deer use . As for the scrapes , I do not hunt scapes either . I do not hunt rublines . Rublines are good to educate you on which way the buck was headed , and where he was headed . The next step is to figure out if he is heade to a beeding area , (morning) or Feeding area (night) . Invest in a couple scouting cameras . They are the best scouting tool there is IMO . Yuo can use them set up on rublines to see what caliber of bucks are on your property .
Old 10-11-2005, 06:35 PM

i have two cameras out on my property right now both zeroed on what looks to be highly used trails which is also so near the rubs, the deal isin late septemberi used the cameras on the rubs to get an idea of the caliber of buck thats doing the damage it seem like they nvr end up coming back the next week and i would end up finding another scrape so i would switch the cameras to the new scrape and still couldn't get any pics. i don't know......