HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   "I shake all over".... (become the predator) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/115857-i-shake-all-over-become-predator.html)

davidmil 10-07-2005 09:45 AM

"I shake all over".... (become the predator)

Another thread, and similar threads over the years have often left me shaking my head. I think in an effort to profess their love for bowhunting you will hear people say, "When that feeling goes(shakes when a deer is coming in)I guess it will be time to hang up the bow".
I don't feel that way. I see it as becoming the true predator. When the deer comes in I want to become the tiger waiting to pounce. I call it getting in the zone. You don't have to shake to be happy. You can become the fly on the wall and be in charge of what happens next. Bury your eyes in your target. Pick the moment of truth. You should become the ultimate guerilla fighter. Strike when they least expect it. You don't have to shake to have fun. I say you've become the guerilla and ultimate predator when you can tune the world out, except that which you need to be aware of and make the shot. In fact, making the shot is the easy part. Tuning in to pounce, picking your spot, having the deer look you in the eye and deciding you're nothing is the ultimate if you can do it with an attitude of, "I'm in Charge". Become the hunter, become the predator, become the arrow.

PatriotDually 10-07-2005 09:54 AM

RE: "I shake all over".... (become the predator)

I got a long way to go before i can be that "predator" lol....wish i could be that calm

ccm352 10-07-2005 10:02 AM

I dont get the shakes anymore.. my heart races more but the shakes are gone. Im a stone cold killer now!

Dampland 10-07-2005 10:04 AM

If you don't get the shakes after the shot, then I would worry.

Illinois Bowhuntin 10-07-2005 10:12 AM

I dont get the shakes when it comes to does after I get the first deer of the season.Now when a good buck that can be a shooter or close to it comes in.I do get a tad excited and shake some.I have to take a few deep breaths and relax.I have had a couple times when my knees wouldnt hold me trying to get up but got over them to take my 2 P&Y wallhangers.This feeling is one of the draws for me in bowhunting.No other hunting gets me so excited that I go weak kneed and shake a lil.I feel when I dont feel like this anymore then it will be time to hang it up for good.enjoying anything you do makes you strive harder to do it better.This is why there are so many things we do to get the chance to see a animal of this magnitude.The countless hours scouting,setting stands,trimming shooting lanes,making food plots and anything else there is that we do.Not to mention the hours and arrows we shoot to prepare for the moment of judgement.Judgement being calm,steady and accurate to be honored to take such a fine animal.

This is bowhunting at its best.Getting excited is part of the hunt.

GaBowtechHunter05 10-07-2005 10:21 AM

I guess I haven't became that "predator" yet. I get a lil shakey and my heart races still. That's the thrill of the hunt to me. I LOVE the feeling. Any deer i see coming my way gets me this way because you never know what may be behind them.

DoubleEdge 10-07-2005 10:25 AM

I'm guessing what people mean by the shakes could be considered excitement. Some people can handle being excited or nervous better than others. Probably what people mean is that when they loose the excitement or anticipation they will quit hunting.

I just can't see hunters loosing the excitement of harvesting an animal as proud and majestic as the deer or elk or whatever you might be hunting.

MuzzleBlazt 10-07-2005 10:29 AM

For me personally, my "excitement" comes when that first moment I see movement. Doesn't matter if it's a buck or doe, I just get pumped! Then I tune out the rest of the world around me and focus on the task at hand. The rest is up to me to finish what has been started!:)

Deleted User 10-07-2005 10:32 AM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Deer902 10-07-2005 10:38 AM

I shake before, during and after. My hearts races just playing out different scenarios while I'm in my stand and thinking of the monster about to walk down the trail.