Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Interesting article >

Interesting article

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Interesting article

Old 10-07-2005, 08:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Interesting article

OK guys I get Bowhunting World magazine. I read a article in there that said it is not always a good idea to try to sneak in and out of the woods to yer stands. They said that deer will spook more if you are trying to be sneaky than if you just walk right out. It also said that the more time you spend trying to sneak in the better the chance that you will get busted. I agree totally with this article because it is real tough to try to sneak up on a deer when you don't really know if they are there or not. Just wanted to see what you guys thought about this subject.
Old 10-07-2005, 10:18 AM

Default RE: Interesting article

Hmm. Does that explain why I see eight-pointers when I'm on the highway, but nary a thing when I'm in the woods? [:@]
Old 10-07-2005, 10:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

I disagree with the article....I feel you shoot hunt your way to the stand regardless of light conditions. Approach your stand as if you know there is a deer standing there. If you blunder in without sneeking, you'll bust deer that are farther away than if your sneeky....I've already been able to get into my stand while deer are there....that wouldn't happen if I didn't sneek...IMO
Old 10-07-2005, 11:27 AM
Boone & Crockett

I think that if you look hard enough you will find a variety of articles that contradict one another. Hunt the rut, don't hunt the rut. Hunt over food sources, hunt back in the woods. I believe that outdoor writers constantly contradict themselves. In my opinion stick with what you know works for you in your area.
Old 10-07-2005, 01:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well most of the time I don't get out of the house when I want to so I am always in a hurry. LOL. I just thought it was kinda interesting. I really like the magazine except it needs more stories of hunts. Any good ones to suggest. Actually this is the best thing to read about hunts on.
Old 10-07-2005, 01:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I try to be a cautious as possible when entering/exiting the woods but at the same time I'm not tip-toe'ing my way in/out.
Old 10-07-2005, 01:32 PM

Well when iwalk casually to my stand or blind, deer could be 50 yards away and just watch me. When i try to sneek they take off running so i agree 100% with that article.
Old 10-07-2005, 01:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

Dont know ,but I sound like a elephant in the woods,Canes ,wheelchairs ,grunting Pain squeals and I see deer