Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Who got you into Bowhunting >

Who got you into Bowhunting

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Dad
20.90%
Brother
5.08%
Hunting Buddy
19.21%
Other Relative
9.60%
Other
14.12%
Self
31.07%
Voters: 177. You may not vote on this poll

Who got you into Bowhunting

Old 10-06-2005, 11:16 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Who got you into Bowhunting

my father started me off gun hunting and then got me a bow when i was 15
Old 10-06-2005, 11:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

My best friend hooked me up. I killed a small buck the first night of opening day. Been hooked ever since. They haven't come near as easy since then. It is an awsome sport.
Old 10-06-2005, 11:23 AM

Need another option: Husband. I had NO inclination to hunt, in fact, was pretty much against it (**gasp**) until I started dating my husband, he asked if I would try, I said what the heck, I'll try anything once, gotmy first deer/buck 2nd day of season and like was said earlier, I was hooked. Now I bowhunt too and haven't harvested one yet, but I love every minute of it anyway.
Old 10-06-2005, 11:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

My grandfather was the person that got me started in hunting. One day I was eyeing up the 3 recurves he had in his gun closet so he took one out and set it up. After that I was hooked. He and my dad taught me the basics of how to shoot. I was only shooting targets for the first couple years. Nothing too serious. Then I got the bug. I got my first compound bow as a Christmas gift one year and the following season I started hunting with it. After that I never looked back.
Old 10-06-2005, 12:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's kind of sad to see that most of us got ourselves into bowhunting. Guess that really shows that we need to step it up and get some people into hunting.
Old 10-06-2005, 12:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dad got me starting in hunting. I got him started in bowhunting and since I've taught myself about the technical aspects and as of now I'm using hte internet to get myself and dad seriously into 3d, spots, and indoor competition.
Old 10-06-2005, 01:02 PM

Itook archery in college. I work at the school and my boss bow hunted. He let me borrow his old bow. I didn't hunt with it but did alot of shooting. I then got my own bow after college and began to hunt about 10 years ago. I got hooked after I killed a deer the first two weekends I hunted. I have now taken seven deer,a rabbit anda hog with my bow.
Old 10-06-2005, 01:02 PM

Got into bowhunting in 1976 after reading articles in outdoor magazines by or about Fred Bear. It sounded pretty challenging and besides the woods were getting so crowded during gun season that I thought I'd give it a shot. Went out and bought an old wooden Ben Pearson 210 compound. Wheels were attatched to clips on the ends of the one piece riser/limbs. Learned to shoot it instinctive. Got my first buck (a 6 pt) after a couple years of missing a lot. Once a local pro shop opened up, things changed. My new Illusion reminds me that things have come a long way since I started. The passion for bowhunting is still the same, though.
Old 10-06-2005, 01:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

Just me decided to lengthen the deer season
Old 10-06-2005, 02:11 PM
New Sheriff

My dad and pawpaw got me into deer hunting, I got my dad into bowhunting.

My buddy and I was looking at the state regs book one day and got to noticing that gun hunters here in Arkansas only got two weeks while the archery season lasted from Oct. 1 until Feb. 28th.

It didn't take us long to save enough money to buy our first bows. We were 14.

Quick Reply: Who got you into Bowhunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.